how do I find out what year my camper is

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by webguyrocks, Jul 2, 2010.

1. webguyrocks

webguyrocks New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    I have a Lionel LPL110 camper no idead what year it is. What do I look for to find out what year it is.

2. Dusty82

Dusty82 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    Try to find a data plate on the tongue or the side of the camper. Some of them list the date of manufacture as some states require that info for titling/registration purposes. That plate might also be tucked away inside a cabinet or under a dinette bench. Be aware that campers made in August or later are usually made for the next year's model line. Our Saratoga was built in 8/77 for the '78 model year, and is titled as a 1978 model.

If it has the original tail light lenses you can also look for a DOT number molded into the lens (i.e. DOT74.) That 74 means the taillight lens was made in 1974 and meets DOT standards for that year. That's a useless bit of info if the taillights have been replaced or there's no DOT number on the lens - not all of them had a DOT number. That method may not be 100% accurate, but it'll get you into the ballpark.

3. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Jul 31, 2004
    Van, Pennsylvania
    Doesn't it have a title? Isn't it on there?

4. webguyrocks

webguyrocks New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Thanks guys for the reply, gonna look for that data plate, and I wish I had an ownership for it I got this camper given to me, probably changed hands a few times with no ownership.

5. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Jul 31, 2004
    Van, Pennsylvania
    Uh - okay I know we're talkin' Canada here but, don't you have to have a title to get plates for it?

6. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

May 19, 2010
    Sure do

7. webguyrocks

webguyrocks New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    hehe yea I know i need ownership to get plates, just got the camper recabled this week, worry about plates later, lol well later is here thats why I asked how to find out year. thanks for the replys guys