How to find a replacement cap for my water tank. Rockwood Freedom

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by jayhawk, Sep 8, 2009.

1. jayhawk

jayhawk New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Lenexa, Kansas
    When we were in SD this summer on our trip-we noticed that the cap to our water tank either shook loos or was stolen. Does anyone know how to find a replacement for this? It's the kind that threads closed. I called our local dealer but they stopped making those. I trie to call Forest River but was told to find a local dealer. Does anyone know of a place that carries extensive parts? Used parts? I haven't found these at camping world online either. Thanks for your help-foil is covering it now!

2. typan

typan "That' just not right"

Mar 18, 2009
    Up North Michigan
  3. jayhawk

jayhawk New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Lenexa, Kansas
    Thanks! I'll have to measure-but that universal one sounds like it might work. I appreciate it!

4. dmccunney

dmccunney New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Re: How to find a replacement cap for my water tank.

I just lost the cap to my freshwater tank too for my Fleetwood Bayside. I couldn't find the right cap on the link you posted. Any other suggestions for good online parts stores? Thanks.

5. jayhawk

jayhawk New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Lenexa, Kansas
    I found this info on some miscellaneous site. I found one pretty close by at Olathe Ford RV. They had the cap-it was one size and fit-no problem. I think it was 5.00 or so. They have an online catalog but I couldn't find this specific cap so here is their number-I'm sure they'd ship you something 913-856-8145 OR-try this link. Hope it helps!

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?dealerId=2637&pageNum=307