How to tie down canvas under bunks?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by The spindoctor, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:02 PM.

1. The spindoctor

The spindoctor New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Along the bottom edge of the canvas that tucks under the bunks, there are brass eyelets, but with no holes through them. I'm a little confused why there aren't any holes and scared to cut holes in them in case it spreads farther out on the canvas. Am I missing something here? Hopefully taking it out for the first time this weekend!

'94 Fleetwood destiny Rio grande

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Stillwater, MN
    The spindoctor likes this.
  3. The spindoctor

The spindoctor New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Huge thanks! Makes perfect sense now after watching the video. Mine is missing the bungee so I guess I'm off to home depot/REI for a replacement.

4. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Replacing the bungee isn't bad, I did it in our old PUP.....I ordered my replacement cord through Amazon.....just make sure you get one that is big enough but no too big!

5. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Stillwater, MN
    You could always order it from CamperSolutions.com and have the right size, high quality, made in North America, with hooks and install kit delivered to your door in a few days. [:D]

I would suggest not ordering from Amazon if you don't order from me but go to a store and look at the quality. Not all shock cord is made the same. I went through multiple vendors until I found the shock cord I know is high enough quality to sell. Seriously shock cord varies in quality in the same size.
    [​IMG]

6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    My STARCRAFT POPUP uses the same idea... There are alot of air gaps however and sometimes small items would fall out of my bunk bed areas. I solved all of this using four of those 2X2x32 inch foam strips that come with window air conditioners. Got mine from WALMART.

I just slip two of these foam units on each side of the tent beds on the inside between the tent wall fabric ad the wood floor and it keeps the cold wind drafts outside and haven't lost my flashlight since then...

[​IMG]

We camp off-grid alot and another thing I did with my tent bed ends was put down those two foot square carpet sections from Lowes... These have the sticky backs and I put them on the floor under the tent bed mattress... Really a big help keeping things warmer in fall and winter camping we do alot of...

Maybe a couple of ideas for you keeping warm in your POPUP

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]