Hurricane Michael

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by Folsoml, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Folsoml

Folsoml Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Hurricane Michael tore through Florida just to the West of me. Panama City Beach has been leveled from what I'm seeing. I came through OK. I had a couple of trees down in my yard, and had no power for about two days, but no damage to my house or vehicles.

My neighbor's tree fell across the road and took out one of my trees.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it (the storm) broke one of my trees. That one came just a couple of feet from hitting my truck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best part was that my homemade hybrid came through unscathed! I was actually staying it in while I had no power because it was easier to hook the generator to it than it is to my house.

[​IMG]

BikeNFish, Orchid, shuang2 and 3 others like this.
  2. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    Glad you're ok. How frightening that must have been!

Folsoml likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    You were very lucky, Mariana is in terrible shape and you already know about Mexico beach and the rest of the coast. We were fortunate that the thing turned east when it did or we would have been in a lot worse shape that we are. I have a cousin and a grandson in tally and have not heard from them yet.

4. Folsoml

Folsoml Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Yeah, I as born in Marianna so I'm aware of what it's like as well.

Tallahassee's almost back to normal, so I'm sure your family is OK.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    HURICANE DAMAGE #4.JPG We finally got power restored today after 9 days without, thank goodness for the TT as we had a place to shower, cook (mostly outside under he awning) and
    the free flowing well for without that we would have had to carry water to all the animals
    by hand instead of using the hoses to fill the animal's water buckets. Hopefully we can get back to normal is a few days now.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Folsoml and hayyward like this.