I do not have a roof a/c so I have a cooling question

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by xgeer1, Jun 1, 2013.

1. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

We've camped twice now that we've had the PUP and the last time was the first week of June so no real issues with heat at night. I've been kicking around cutting a hole in the box or getting a portable unit...I just haven't bit the bullet yet either way. The local dealer recommends a hole in the tail but I worry about cutting things I can't see and doing my usual "butcher"job that I have a habit of doing.

I'm still looking for that elusive awning which would help. I've had 2 people here offer me one but when I say "YES" I never hear from them again...I just don't get it. Oh well.

Doc

2. xgeer1

xgeer1 Why wait for tomorrow for what you can do today!!!

Thank you for all the replies. What I've done so far is use a window unit in a cabinet with it being vented outside. Also use Reflectics on the bunk ends. I didn't think about them When I first did the bunk ends. If the rain will ever stop this weekend I will get some more for the sides of the pup.

3. FiveInAFlagstaff

FiveInAFlagstaff Member

Thanks, tconroy, found 'em! We'll definitely be getting them! Our first trip out, we noted that the bunk ends warmed up quite a bit in the daytime, when my mom wanted to nap.
    I'll have to try reflectix in the windows, as well.
    It's hard to justify the money for a/c when it won't be used often. Interesting to read how others deal with the issue.

4. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

I'm thinking of adding a roof fan/vent to the pup. We already have roof AC but the one place we regularly camp, there is no electric and we bring a generator but it can not be run during quite hours of 10p-7a. We did just get a battery so I could run the fan off of the battery. I'm thinking some air is better than stiff air.

5. rover69

rover69 New Member

i own a small 2007 colman cobalt. i tried a 8000 btu portable ac this past weekend in daytona. dont waste your money. they are bulky and did not cool my camper of where i was comfortable.