IL-Rock Cut State Park

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Yooperwannabe, Mar 26, 2010.

1. campingquilter

campingquilter Member

I also have camped a few times at Rock Cut and it really depends on the site...there are several that have woods all around...Memorial Day was packed and I was thankful to not be in the packed area by one of the shower houses. Thanks for recommending the other parks Robin :)

k

2. SquishySaurus

SquishySaurus New Member

I actually really enjoy rock cut - but I wouldn't want to camp in the section the OP was in as it is pretty much a big field and I like more privacy. The other loops are wooded and have a lot of private, tree lined sites. Those loops are closed in the off season (when OP had gone) though and the main open area stays open year round. We had a huge very private spot on Staghorn that I love and hope to book for a trip this summer :)

3. opie232

opie232 Member

Really late post here. I have stayed in the 100 loop, 300 loop and 400 loop. The 100 loop is wide open with few trees. The 300 and 400 hundred loops have fairly secluded sites surrounded by trees. I quite enjoy Roc Cut when I can get the sites I want.

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me where the showerhouses are at Rock Cut? Like, maybe you could tell me the site numbers they are in between? The map on ReserveAmerica doesn't show any showerhouses. But I found one on Google Maps. Hoping there are other hidden in the more forested loops!

5. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

You are in my backyard. Another place not very well known is Marengo Ridge just north of Marengo Il. I think the campground is closed now for the season since they allow hunting there. It used to be they had no hookups but I haven't been in there in quite a few years so they may have updated things.