Installing water pump

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by MyName, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MyName

MyName Active Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Ca
    Last 4 day camping trip we only used 1 of 10 gallons of water because it was to difficult to pump and use for brushing teeth and washing hands. I was thinking of installing a 12V water pump for my sink (10 gallon reserve). I want low flow so I don't waste all my water in a few minutes.

What do you think about this Bayite 12 V DC Pump?
    Note: I have more wires then shown in the "underside" sink picture.
    Edit: Do I need to change my faucet? I plan to add a switch somewhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    100 psi cutoff? That's a lot of pressure, a lot more than needed. Low flow and low pressure is what you want. And yes you will have to change your faucet

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    New faucet and a Shurflo or Flojet on demand water pump.

4. hq308

hq308 Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Installed a pump just like that one in our popup recently. Used it over the weekend and was happy with the way it worked. You wouldn't think it was 100psi, the water seems to have less pressure than town water but is more than enough for washing you're hands which is what we mostly used it for.

[​IMG]

5. MyName

MyName Active Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Ca
    @hq308 Great pic. That pump has similar specs to the one posted above. What type of faucet do you have? I was think of keeping my pump faucet and just using a ON/OFF toggle switch

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I saw somewhere that they installed a foot switch for the water pump. It looked useful but the guys pump was very loud are they all like that?

7. hq308

hq308 Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    I don't currently have a sink in mine, I just have a generic tap mounted outside under the side of the camper. It's also on a switch which we only turned on when we using it as the pump tends to cycle periodically when the pressure has dropped.