IS it like this EVERYWHERE? "animal restrictions"

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by landon6062, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Giving away the dalmation was for our own sanity as we lived in a residential area at the time and it needed more space to run. That precious baby needed to be on a farm which is where it eventually got too. It was so destructive like what you shared Donna. It chewed up automotive wiring too. That was the final straw and we we were so happy she found a good home. Your's ate a kiddie pool? That's crazy Donna.

2. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

HI MSMAC.. nice to meet you.. thank you for the IDEAS.

quote: We have people who ask if our crazy hound is a pit. I think people see what they want to see...

REALLY? that baby looks nothing like what I would think of as a PIT/AS

quote: " Sorry Donna, haven't read through all the replies yet-- just got back from camping ourselves-- so perhaps this has been covered. Have you contacted the park and asked them how they determine what is a pitty breed and what is not? The skeptic in me thinks that it's just up to the discretion of the ranger who probably has no background with these dogs, but perhaps not? I've not heard great things about the dog DNA thing, but perhaps it might be useful for you in this case, if there's something in this silly rule that defines exactly *what* percentage of "bad dog" is acceptable "

I have not checked with other camp grounds YET, but I know I will be sure to talk to them personally..

"IT is a SOUTH CAROLINA LAW"

BUT I would think... that a "MIXED BREED" would be up to the Discretion of the "campground" manager/ranger mostly..

I mean it almost has to be?? How much PIT/AS is too much? WHO KNOWS?

I totally understand that there is a "liability" issue for them, which is why I am doing the DNA test, for their PROTECTION and LIABILITY factor. ..... Hoping that will help with this problem..Maybe it would help elevate some of the INSURANCE problems.. I don't really know..

EMs certainly was not TRAINED to be a fighter, nor does she have the Disposition to fight anything she is NOT aggressive..... Peeps, the dalmatian/box mix would be more of a Hazard, because of "Ducks, squirrels etc".. he is a hunter..

But just like with ANY animal.. (and I don't expect this to happen), but you never know what would "Switch their switch"..that can HAPPEN with "ANY BREED".......

And I understand that camp grounds can't afford that to happen "insurance wise".or Reputation wise either....

SOUTH CAROLINA LAW prohibits them in the campground:

"IF WE WERE TALKING ABOUT a FULL-BLOOD, certified "AS/ PIT" ....

Perhaps?? I wouldn't be so disturbed with this "discrimination". FOR the 'common good of the people" and their anxieties about it.

However, I am sure we talking about a HALF BREED MUTT.. who just happens to have a "PIECE OF PIT" IN HER....

I don't know.. I do know I am going in circles with the post, "We've about beat this post to death".. lol

without much of a resolution for it right now, I am going with some of the IDEAS that have been shared that I found to be helpful..

Mainly:

*Go to another STATE to camp. (which was the original question in the post)
    *Get DNA testing
    *Check with individual camp grounds to see if they "CAN/MAY" be more lenient on this lineage of the animal..

just don't know anything YET.. .. : )..

thank you again for the ideas. donna

3. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

LOL Dan.. yeah, she was a bit crazy..

I don't know how she got that "hard plastic kiddie pool" through her system..

We came back from uptown is it was "completely destroyed" and only a few pieces left.. We knew it had not blown away at that point...

As you know the dog had 5 acres to run through.. We tried to keep her busy.

Unfortunately Saddy has passed on now, at a young age.. 3 years old.. she got loose and decided to chase an 18 wheeler down the street.. a battle she couldn't win.. : (

4. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Well just to give you guys a real eye opener.. LOL

If you want to know who the REALLY Dominate animal is in our home..

It is this 8lb, 15 year old ...shih tzu.. "HANS"

Ems NOR peeps will enter his territory or get near him..

Funny how he gets more space on the bed than they do.. LOL

He lays where he wants to, can take any food away from them he wants.. if he wants it.. THEY MOVE out of the way..

I don't know WHY that is, of course they could BITE HIS HEAD OFF if they really desired to..... but my bigger animals seem to give him respect, and are seem to be afraid of him..

Do animals know he is a Senior, and respect that? I have no idea why they give him such respect...

20180724_083915.jpg

5. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

A "Service Dog" does not mean that it is intended for military service members. A "Service Dog" is available for anyone who has a medical need, be it physical or psychological.,