Is there any place to buy pre-made dinette cushion covers?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Jeep Guy, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Member

Mar 7, 2018
    My wife and I just bought a 2009 Starcraft popup and while it is in great shape, my wife does not like the decor. I know that making them yourself is the most economical way to go, but my wife does not sew (and neither do I). Is there anyplace that sells premade cushion covers?

terry1419 likes this.
  2. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    You might have better luck checking with a local seamstress or someone who does upholstery.

3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

X2^

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Too many different sizes between models and manufacturers. I don't think I have run across anyone that simply had them in stock for sale. However several people have simply redone theirs similar to wrapping a present and using fabric tape. No sewing involved, just cot the fabric to fit, fold and tape on the bottom.

kitphantom likes this.
  5. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Georgia
    Jeep Guy, I'm with your wife. There is nothing wrong with the fabric on my cushions. I just don't want to live with that decor. I have fabric and am leaning toward purchasing denser foam to make more comfortable cushions while I am making new covers. It really isn't a difficult sewing project, but I sew already.

Have your wife check out the Popup Princess. Larissa sewed her new cushion covers for her remodel, but some of the reader feature makeovers were no-sew projects.
    http://www.thepopupprincess.com/

6. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    I used crib sheets to cover mine, cheep and easy to clean.

7. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    you could always purchase new foam and then cut a piece of wood that is a little smaller than the cushion and is painted to whatever color you like. Then you can wrap and staple the new fabric and the back would not be seen and the cushions covered in a way that you like.

8. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    A google search turns up some leads for you. CamperMattress looks promising if you want to replace the foam as well. We had our cushions recovered by a local upholsterer. The cushions turned out fantastic. However, he was not cheap.

9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    There are people who make them to your measurements on places such as etsy. A search for "camper cushion covers" turned up at least one source. As simple as elasticized covers to zippered ones with corded edges.
    As with other sewing, it's not as cheap as some might think. Having made our own covers for our first pup and slipcovers for it and the second one (among a lot of other things), I know how much work is involved, so the prices don't seem out of line.