Jack for replacing a flat tire

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by sblanck, Nov 26, 2018.

1. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Boulder, Colorado
    When we towed with the Jeep liberty the tow unit jack worked fine. After switch to the Dakota pick 'em up that didn't work so well, so I went to an "automotive recycling center" and tried several scissor jacks. After finding one the right size- low enough to slip under spring perch with a totally flat tire- I used a disk grinder to do a bit of trimming to the top pad so it fit better. Stows in an outside access storage cubby with 12 x 12 piece of plywood and the two piece jack handle.

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    23DA0452-6727-473A-8681-B9E79EC6A744.png Got this to jack my lifted TV. Very stable. Jack and stand combo.

BillyMc likes this.
  3. Muller 5

Muller 5 Member

Jan 6, 2019
    STL
    Half the places I find this online, the description is of a crank jack. I can't afford the shipping from this seller and can only find it ship to store at Walmart with the wrong description. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Edit: This was supposed to quote the guy with the easy lift jack video. Obviously it didn't. The pics and description of the easy lift don't match on Walmart's website or on Amazon.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    You can find a decent jack at most any Auto Parts store. And Amazon has a good selection.

5. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    I bought one of <THESE> on sale, & carry in my camping toolbag, works great. I can leave the handle off & chuck the other part in my cordless drill, & up the pup goes....lol

nineoaks2004 likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I carry a small floor jack from HF, ($29.95) and a piece of plywood for it to slide on, it works fast and easy.

7. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    I carry an smaller but older 2 ton and a full sized 4-way wrench that I use around the garage for smaller jobs. I trust that jack to lift the TT one axle, overkill for my pup.

8. michaeltdyer

michaeltdyer Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Denver Colorado
    I carry a small bottle jack, some wood blocks for spacers and a couple of jack stands. I tested everything in my yard to make sure I could change a tire, just in case.

9. p

p Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Don't forget that the spare tiles nuts might be a different size then the nuts on the wheel.

J Starsky likes this.