Jayco Jay Feather bunk end closures

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Orchid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

My daughter got a 2007 Jay Feather and the bunk ends lock shut with a little hand tool that turns square bolt things. Unfortunately, these are mostly stripped and a couple of them nearly rounded.

Does anyone know where we could get replacements? Or even what they are called to do a search?

Thanks in advance.

2. bikendan

bikendan Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Those were a Jayco exclusive part.
    Only place I know to get them is through Jayco.

Orchid likes this.
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Pictures go along way in helping to visualize what they are and where they would be located..

Orchid likes this.
  4. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Orchid likes this.
  5. Orchid

YES! OMG, thank you so much!!!!

Snow, I was going to go up and take photos today. Just thought I would throw it out there in writing to see what came up before I could get good pics.

I was thinking these were going to need to be replaced with something different, but going to explore the thread linked to here and try to score some for her.

Thanks everyone.

6. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
  7. Orchid

Yeah, I called Jayco and they don't make them anymore. They did tell me that the stripped ones can be turned with a .375" 12 point socket.

A lady at one RV dealer found out the same info for me, but is calling around trying to find out if there is any similar replacement that people are using. The screw knobs are ugly, so I hope she can find something.

8. wmadoty

wmadoty New Member

Oct 14, 2016
    You could have a nut welded on. That should make them last for decades.

Orchid likes this.
  9. Orchid

That's a pretty good idea. I will mention it to my son-in-law.

Not sure about a nut, since there is not that much space around the current bolt. But welding on a different head might work.