Jimmy Dean and Saturday Breakfast

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by roybraddy, Jun 2, 2018.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    HMMM GOOOOD...

Got some good ole country gravy packets stirred up here at the house and nuked along with a couple of Jimmy Dean Breakfast meals smothered with country gravy and even threw in some pre-cooked bacon strips. Even the dog is all ready to eat it up...

Goes great with my fresh ground and brewed Columbian Bean coffee... Also puts me in camping mode hehe...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

jnc and kcsa75 like this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I saw the title of the thread and just knew Roy was behind it!![:D]
    What time do you want me over??

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Hey Mike - I got that gravy mix from those packets you find at WALMART going great here. I always thought you got the gravy already made up in a can and you just heat it up but the packet idea is great. Got a whole drawer full of packets that we carry on our trips... Just add HOT WATER and stir it up real good to get the lumps out. Then let it bubble some from heating up with microwave... If it gets too thick then add more water..... I think those packets wants two cups of water but they don't say how big a cup haha.... I got a big red cup that I use 3/4 full of water and that works great for me... Then I found some of those pre-cooked bacon strips... They are great too... Got great bacon strips real quick heating with a microwave for about a minute...

I'm using one of those low wattage white faced manual microwave units from Amazon that cost around $60... Its a 600Watt model and my runs from Generator set just fine... Walmart has them as well very inexpensive...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

neighbormike likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Can't beat a great breakfast of Biscuits and Gravy sticks with you for awhile. I take the pre cooked bacon on canoe trips works great just have to be fast with the fry pan :)
    I use the packets too, but I usually cook and add sausage to the mix. Lately when I make biscuit gravy at home I make extra then zip lock it and freeze for trips, I also pre cook the biscuits and zip lock them. To do the biscuits (or other bread) at camp place a small cup of water in the microwave and place the biscuits in the microwave, when heated they are like they were just baked, the water makes them soft.

neighbormike likes this.