June 2019 - So, what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

June - We're into "Summer Season" for some of North America, barring late snow, cold, and floods.
    Here's a battery charge reminder for those in between trips of seasons.

I checked the max/min thermometer for the refrigerator this morning. The cabin has been as high as 96*, but the fridge and freezer have stayed in the sweet spot for food. The outside wall behind the fridge gets full SW sun for much of the day, so I check it a every couple of days.

Sjm9911 and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I just returned from a 4 day trip and everything worked out great, I added a few items to add to the ToDo list (always working on that list)

HappyTraveler likes this.
  3. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

cleaned the awning and patio mat - our last outing on Mother's Day weekend, we packed up in the pouring down rain - so they both were put away wet and full of stuff (leaves, seeds, and mud). We were able to dry the tent ends when we first got home but had not been able to clean the awning and mat until now. Cleaned just in time for the Maryland rally next weekend.

HappyTraveler and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We converted the dinette into a bed for the first time, since a friend will be going to a Sisters on the Fly event with me in a few days. We were happy to find that the memory foam topper we bought did not need to be trimmed to fit. We're spoiled by the walk-around bed in the Retro, making up this one against the wall reminded us how helpful access to 3 sides is.
    And, I remembered to restock paper goods (stored in one dinette bench) before we made up the bed, so we don't have to take it apart if we run out of them.

5. William Freeman

William Freeman Active Member

The new 6 lug 15" aluminum wheels and tires arrived from etrailer in 3 days. Got them mounted and balanced - man, they're going to look pretty on the new 5,200# axle IF IT EVER GETS HERE! Ordered the axle from Southwest Wheel Co. the same day as the wheels from etrailer - said their axles ship in 2 days. Called after not getting a shipping notice 3 business days later - axle was out of stock and they were expecting a shipment last Friday and would update me then - no call. I'll be calling again Monday. Great price on Dexter axles, but who sells stuff that's not in stock? Oh well, I was going to have to wait 3 weeks if I ordered one locally AND pay $70 more!

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Busy day today!

Re-greased the EZ Lube system, oiled the lift tubes, greased the pulley and removed the old seal from the roof edge seams and resealed with Dicor.

I learned that I can't run a pretty bead while laying down the Dicor but at least I know I got a good seal.

Dicor 1.JPG Dicor 2.JPG Dicor 3.JPG

Maybe tomorrow I will grease the zerks and sanitize the water tank.

7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I finally finished my table!!!
    IMG_20190601_130449.jpg

Two people can eat on it.
    IMG_20190601_130654.jpg

I can use it as an extra counter.
    IMG_20190601_130828.jpg

And as a desk.
    IMG_20190601_131045.jpg

Or I can remove it.
    IMG_20190601_131117.jpg

I did paint the staples with a black sharpie so they no longer show.

8. Toedtoes

Next task is to install two access hatches to the propane tank cover. Hope to have that done next week.

9. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

Getting ready for a trip south. (Just to the next state.)

Doing a little planning on our upcoming re-model.

10. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Old trick was to run masking tape on each side, then smooth with a wet finger, remove tape , perfect line. ( dosent help now, i know).

11. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I havent done much, getting ready for the first trip, bought some new stuff, and i have to orginize old stuff. Too much new stuff aquired in the off season to know how to pack it and what to take. Oh , well better then not enough stuff and needing to purchace it. Will pack it up in 10 days and see. I still want to put the gray water tank on the outside of the pup, just not sure where or how yet.

HappyTraveler and neighbormike like this.
  12. BikeNFish

I used the "self Leveling" Dicor, but it didn't level as much as I thought it would. I've used self leveling concrete sealant several times before and that stuff really levels nice. Not the Dicor. That's OK, though. I got a good seal.

13. JWeible

JWeible Active Member

Last day of school for the kids and work for me (I’m a special needs para educator in the school my kids work at) is this Friday and we are leaving for our favorite camping spot that evening!
    Spend today organizing the camper and putting clean bedding and towels in.

HappyTraveler, momofEAP and Sjm9911 like this.
  14. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

• Built a fuse center on the tongue to fix some of my DC voltage issues. Added a 30amp breaker that doubles as a electrical disconnect.
    • Added a trolling motor disconnect, so that I can easily plug in my solar setup.
    • Greased the Goshen Lift (Forgot about the lift posts, thanks @BikeNFish , I'll hit them tonight)
    • Sanitized the water system
    • New Anode for the water heater
    • Oiled the tongue Jack
    • Put new levels on the outside of the camper to replace the ones I removed when rebuilding my back wall last year
    • Cleaned the camper
    • Built Bunk End Towel Holders (Similar to this, but we used buttons so they are completely detachable https://www.thepopupprincess.com/pop-up-camper-maintenance/pop-up-camper-mods-bunkend-towel-rack/)
    • Figured out that my Watertank filler hose is cracked. :-( Now I got to figure out how to fix it.

HappyTraveler and BikeNFish like this.
  15. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Member

We just picked up a 2007 Starcraft Centennial 3612 Highway last week so we are now getting it ready to go.

- Replaced the leaking faucet
    - Just received a new Suburban water heater from UPS today to replace the rusted one in.
    - New tires
    - My wife is sewing all new curtains and cushions in attempts to make it "popupprincess worthy."

16. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

Once you raise the roof, no one will notice what it looks like....just go camping ALL the time.

17. BikeNFish

I would go camping all of the time but the stuff that makes up my Portal name (biking and fishing) must have their time too.:)

momofEAP and HappyTraveler like this.
  18. Toedtoes

Today I bought supplies for both campers because last night the cat who's been hanging around decided that he's a house cat and lives here. I don't want to leave him home alone when I go camping (I left for a few hours today and he was not happy). Fortunately, he is fine with the dogs and the bird.

Got litter boxes, dishes, and toys for each camper.

Now just have to get him a harness and leash and get him used to car travel...

He did wake us all up at 3:30 this morning to tell us how happy he is here.

19. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

We finished today what we began yesterday. Corrected the wiring on the TV, and charged the battery.

20. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Took the pup out to the wife's favorite camp site this last weekend, & stress tested the waterproofing....it dumped on us all weekend. Thankfully, not a drop made it inside, not too shabby for a 35 year old pup with original canvas....lol.