Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2019.
They also sell the sheet keeper things. Let me look.
Like this, https://www.amazon.com/BetyBedy-Tri...0179671&s=gateway&sprefix=sheet+keeper&sr=8-5
They also make a version that goes all the way across.
But i think i mis read, the whole bed topper moved, not just the sheet and stuff on it.
Took care of a few things this weekend. First up was reseal the roof vent. I'm assuming that's where the water came in. When I stripped off the old caulking I think I found the spot. Also recaulked the hatch under the dinette. Next up was greasing the hubs. That was a lot of work. I have Dexter EZ-Lube. Next time I'm going the really easy route and taking it to a shop to have it done. The little catch thing that holds the plunger out on the grease gun to reload it has gone MIA. I pulled the tires off to grease the hubs. Otherwise you just end up with grease on the back side of the wheels. Tires looked good. They are from late 2013 so I'm keeping an eye on them. Next I lubed the wiffletree. Ugg. The rear one wasn't too bad. The front fitting is literally under the middle of the trailer. Between the axles. Somehow I managed to slide my fat butt under the axles to get to it. Then I proceeded to work on cleaning the mildew from the canvas. That's not going well. I'll stop at Bass Pro in Vegas on Wednesday to get some of their stuff. I had bought some powder (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AR5G6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I saw recommended as I couldn't other stuff shipped in time.
@Sjm9911 - yes, the whole darn topper and bedding moved. I have a set of the sheet keeper things, which we may use too. I was thinking I'd have to use them to keep a flannel or knit sheet taut, since so may are deep pocket ones these days. The "cooling" mattress pad has a tricot "skirt"; that made things slide even easier. We may leave that off and just use the standard on. The one end of the bed has a wall on both sides, the other end only on one, and that's where everything tried to escape.
Seems like we're always learning something new, even after all this time.
Installed new porch light.
Picked up a new door seal, will install next time we are camping.
Picked up some new gear:
Treated ourselves to new flashlights and headlamps to keep in the camper.
Treated the wife to a Rechargeable fan and Thermacell Shield
Treated the dog to some new "luggage"
Treated myself to a new "security" upgrade.
Luggage for the dog?
Lol, not what i was expecting! Nice.
The wife insists on toting all his stuff around with us.....he uses 20% of it.
cleaned and closed her up today, waiting for the weather to clear up to go camping again
So its like most of my camping stuff!
Pulled the pup out of the garage yesterday afternoon. Getting it ready for this weekends trip. So flushed out the pink stuff and have a bleach mixture in the tank and lines. Will flush all that out today. Turned the fridge on to make sure it works (within a few hours it was cold). Plugged it in to top off the battery and make sure the A/C is working.
The hardest part was trying to remember where the hell I put everything in the house and garage!!!!
Quincy has a small suitcase.
I had a hairline crack at the top of the front of my hybrid where it curves to meet the roof. So I sanded it and fiber glassed it over. Just need to do a final sanding and a finish layer of resin.
Our torsion axle was dead, so we had it replaced. As long as that was happening I figured I'd also add brakes.
I figured the whole project would cost $500-600. Nope, more like $1200. Yikes... that's about a third of the value of the camper. Good thing we love it.
That number includes the axle with new brake hubs, labor for installation, a brake controller for the TV, and other supplies such as wire and a breakaway switch (I did the actual brake wiring myself)
It was almost that for me last fall, too, except that was probably 100% of my trailer's value. Like you, I love it, and it was totally worth it. I also got a 2" or so lift out of it, so I'm budgeting up to another $400 for larger rims/tires. In any case, it's nice to see the trailer behind me riding on its suspension like it's supposed to.
The campers ARE the dogs' luggage...
Finished the access hatches for the propane cover today. Put one over each tank so I don't have to reach around (after the broken hand, I like to have things easily accessible with limited movement).
The Cat spent his second day in the FnR today with the dogs. He's pretty comfy in there. Has a harness and leash for each camper with ID tags to match (I include the plate number for the clipper on one and the suv and trailer on the other so I can be found in a campground - do the same for the dogs and even have them for the bird's backpack). He got neutered yesterday and had a very rough time afterwards, but is feeling better now. We might try a weekend camping trip nearby to give him a taste before we head to the ocean.
I changed the 7 way /4 way recp. on the T.V. works a lot better now as the old one was worn over the years.