just an A-Liner heads up

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by bob barnes, Aug 13, 2017 at 7:34 AM.

1. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Due to very serious back surgery I am forced to sell my beloved 2008 A-Liner Scout shortly. I have made many cosmetic improvements to the little trailer. I will be listing it for what I paid for it plus the cost of improvements. It is set up for boondocking and we have done a bunch of that in the year we have owned it. Very cheap camping and traveling!

We love this thing but I am not going to be able to do hardly any lifting of any sort thus this sale!

pictures and prices sometime next week.

bob

2. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    North Georgia
    Sorry to hear this, Bob. I'd hoped that the back surgery would make you like new again. Or at least like a healthy old fart. ;)

3. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Erik I was hoping too but I guess removing all my rods and hardware to fix another blown disc then putting all new stuff in again I was expecting too much. I have had pain I had no idea a person could have this time, recovery is very hard and I am going to have to be very careful not to blow another disc as the next one will be nr 10! With all this pain it is very difficult to not get into a druggee mode.

Not that I like it but I have purchased a 13f Scamp almost like camping but will still be in boondocking mode!!

4. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Bob, sorry to see you have to sell... I wish you a speedy recovery and the best of luck finding a new trailer that will help you get back out doing what you love!!

bob barnes likes this.
  5. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    It's a shame you have to sell but congrats on the Scamp! Hope your recovery gets a bit easier... being in pain all the time is very rough.

bob barnes likes this.
  6. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    we took a fast trip to Branson grandsons wedding dr. said not only no but hell no! used the A-Liner as our motel used to the bed. wife did all the heavy lifting but she struggles had such a great time and to see a baby grow up to be a good man made the trip was soo worth it. He got married Sun. and off to teach school Mon. go figure it out I cant but so happy for him.

7. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I hope I don't get in trouble for this but through all my problems and these major health issues it seems God always provides for us!!!

jackquontee, Lloyd B and Carlsbad like this.
  8. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Congratulations on the Scamp Bob,

I wish you luck with selling the Aliner. I'm sure it will be a very short sale. But I'm glad to hear you haven't given up on camping. I researched the Scamp before my Aliner. It seems like a cool little trailer to camp in.

Wishing you success with recovery.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

9. Lloyd B

Lloyd B Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Columbiaville, Michigan
    Bob, sorry to hear that your back is still causing so much pain, I had hoped that the surgeon would be able to help you more, but glad to hear that you were able to get the Scamp, good luck with it. I have had a setback also, and haven't been able to use the popup, driving me nuts, got to go camping soon.

bob barnes likes this.
  10. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Lloyd its not the surgeon he had so much to do and redo lots of scar tissue to remove the list goes on and on. 21/2 years ago the same surgery was pretty easy on me but later not so good.

11. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Lloyd in addition to the surgery although I have been very careful with pain killers I found myself either due to too much morphine or oxeycotins that I got sort of hung up on drugs. Even in the hospital I came up with gout and if you read up on that this is a result also. So trying to cut back on things I became with anxiety attacks do not ever go there. Went to the e/room 2x no good other various things finally I went to my gp she talked to me and made a couple of suggestions I settled on Xanax I took 1 pill at bedtime and all sympthons are gone. Now I am experiencing charley horses all due to the surgery those hurt so bad.
    bob

12. Lloyd B

Lloyd B Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Columbiaville, Michigan
    Sorry to hear that Bob, I also had a problem with my pain killer while in the hospital, with my enlarged prostate, found out it was caused by the drug and refused to take any more of it, and had to go back to good old Excedrin. The set back I had showed up on my 17th cardio rehab session, 20 seconds of V fib showed up on the heart monitor, cardiologist said 30 seconds may have caused sudden death, and did another heart electrical study that could not duplicate it, he was prepared to implant a defibralater but decided it was not needed, and I just needed to keep on my currant meds, which leave me wondering when it will hit again, and afraid to drive, I don't want to kill someone else. Hopefully we will both be able to camp soon, and get back to a normal life. Good luck.

bob barnes likes this.
  13. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Lloyd i went back to the surgeon I went to the e/room 2x but they really couldn't either figure it out or help me. Finally I went to my family dr telling her I was so fouled up I didn't know if I was going to make it but I didn't know what was wrong with me so as she talked to me and she got out of me that I was having some sort of attacks that if I went to sleep I didn't think I was going to wake up.

Oh with the narcotics I also developed gout which after I read up on it is a result of those. I had a pain that would start at my neck travel both shoulders run down my side to my hip and over to the other hip constantly.

Her solution was I could go on Zoloft or Xanax I chose Xanax 1 pill and all this stuff was over I am so thankful but it has been 1 mo since the back surgery and the constant pain is getting so tiring but maybe the end is in sight! bob

14. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    If you have fear or anxiety I suggest Xanax bob

15. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I am so sorry to hear that you are still in pain... I give you a lot of credit for speaking freely! You give hope and strength to others who deal with similar battles. Thank you, and again, speedy recovery!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 4:37 AM
  16. jackquontee

jackquontee Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I know your pain (pun intended). I've had a few back surgeries as well, and am just returning back to work after a 5 week lay up. No surgery involved, just the recurring pain. Be careful with the meds, though. I quit them as soon as I could handle the pain.

bob barnes likes this.
  17. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I would love to work again but this time I am done I cant believe I am going to pay someone to mow my lawn but when I had the first fusing and stuff done I went back to my yard work right away but no more chances. I cant believe I am saying this but it is now time to sell the place and downsize big-time!