Just picked up my Aliner - My First RV trailer

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by JoePAz, May 10, 2017.

1. JoePAz

JoePAz Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Yesterday was a big day. Picked up my brand new Aliner Ranger 12

Turns out I got 2018 model. Hmm that was a surprise. Anyway pretty happy so far.
    Towed well even without trailer brakes. (I have a Prodigy RF controller I need to mount to the trailer) and fit in my garage just perfectly. Now time to dial in all the little things to get it ready for my first trip with it.

IMG_2250-s.jpg
    2018 Ranger 12. Dual Dormers, Coolcat AC/Heat pump, Dual LP tanks, Offroad axle

Pretty Typical inside.
    IMG_2251.JPG
    IMG_2252-s.jpg IMG_2253-s.jpg

Happy with dry weight and tongue load
    IMG_2254.JPG

Got it home.
    IMG_2256-s.jpg

And backed it right into its new home
    IMG_2258-s.jpg

Fit perfect except I can't "raise the roof" in the garage. At least I can access the door.
    IMG_2259-s.jpg

2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Looks great, so shiny and new! Congrats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy your travels. My PUP is also currently popped up in my garage - spanning all 3-car width and crammed near the back so it doesn't hit the garage door openers. But it's in there!

3. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE
    congrats!

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Nice! I envy you both your Aliner and your tidy garage!;)
    Happy travels!

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Congrats! Brake controller doesn't help with towing but it helps with stopping! Big difference. We here all are concerned for each other. We encourage each other to get brake controller so you can stop easier at traffic light or necessary quick stops.... Brake controller helps save my sanity when I went down on steep hills.

6. JoePAz

JoePAz Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks everyone.

When I talk about towing braking is included in that. I can stop the trailer fine in normal braking situations without brakes, but if I need to do an emergency stop things could get hairy. I am used to towing a 24ft enclosed car trailer at about 8000lbs behind a 2500 Dodge. Trailer brake really help control weight and stabilize the stopping. The feeling having the trailer slowing down from the back end is noticeable and makes the tow less stressful overall.

As for the garage. It not organized well at all, but just enough to fit 2 cars and now 1 small trailer in a 2 and 3/4 car tandem garage.

7. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Looks awesome. Congratulations.

Now it's time to make it yours... keep us posted on your mods. Maybe I'll see you camping somewhere in AZ.

Welcome to the Aliner/Aframe family.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

8. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Very nice!

9. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Nice

10. ~erik~

~erik~ Member

Jan 19, 2015
    North Georgia
    Congrats on your new Aliner! We were surprised to find that we could actually open up our Aliner in the garage, albeit with only about a half inch to spare. My wife initially wasn't too happy that it forced her to park her car outside, but she got over it. [:D]

JoePAz likes this.
  11. bob barnes

bob barnes Active Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Congratulations on your new A-Liner we are getting ready for a 2mo trip to Alaska in our Scout very simple rig no brakes but at 1100lbs not needed!

12. TMH

TMH Member

Jul 25, 2016
    CA Central Coast
    That's a beauty - Congrats!

Now the fun begins...

13. jackquontee

jackquontee Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Congrats!!

I'd like to say I was just as excited as you when I brought my Expedition home last year but, after a 2k mile round trip to pick it up I was so tired I couldn't do anything when I got home but shower and go to bed. But, the next day............woohoo!!!

bob barnes likes this.
  14. LadyWolf

LadyWolf Member

Jul 4, 2014
    ^^^THIS!!!

15. JoePAz

JoePAz Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Going on my first trip with it this weekend. Looking forward to it.

16. ~erik~

~erik~ Member

Jan 19, 2015
    North Georgia
    Enjoy your first trip. We just got back from a three night stay at a Georgia State Park campground in the mountains. Still nice and cool there, while it's near 90° in Atlanta.