King Bed Sheets 77 x 70 Coleman Utah

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by rccduncan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. rccduncan

rccduncan New Member

May 6, 2009
    Wife wants me to find out where to get bed sheets to fit the mattresses in our Coleman pup. The mattresses measure 77" x 70 for a King mattress. Normal bed sheets are way to big with all the excess having to be folded underneath. Please help so she will leave me alone. thanks Rick

2. catmanblue

catmanblue Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin

Nov 2, 2012
    rccduncan, The DW and I ran in the same problem with our full size bunks. With the mattress being thinner we had extra hanging over. I bought a couple air mattresses pumped then up, put under the bunk mattress and then sheets over all. Worked for ours not sure about the king size.

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    While we haven't tried it, some people have used jersey sheets (think t-shirts) in a size smaller, so they fit snuggly. So, queen size for a king bunk.
    Our bunk is a double, and we have used flannel and polyester fleece sheets, in double size; it seemed like a twin size would be just too snug. We just tuck the extra under the mattress and it works for us.

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

May 20, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    I don't know where you can find sheets specifically sized for the camper bunk or if such things even exist. I've read here on the Portal of people cutting sheets down to fit. I use queen-size sheets on a double mattress in the TrailManor because I like having all of the excess to tuck under the mattress. That way it doesn't come out while I'm using the bed.

5. Sterman

Sterman Member

Apr 18, 2011
    abq, nm
    The jersey knit sheets in queen size (purchased in a set) from Walmart fits the 70"x77" very well.
    The jersey knit in twin fits my 48" x 77" bed very nicely, also.

6. rccduncan

rccduncan New Member

May 6, 2009
    Thanks so much! We will try the Walmart Jersies tomorrow. Wife says they may be too hot for the summer?

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too hot depends on your own preferences. We've used flannel sheets year-round for many years, even in the SW, so we'd be fine with the jersey ones.

8. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Oct 15, 2011
    The color scheme of our 2012 Jayco Sport 8 is brown. It has a twin and a double bunk. Not having either of these size beds at home, I asked my brother if he had any spare sheets, and he gave me a set of full sized solid brown flannel sheets. Obviously, I use the fitted sheet on the full sized bed, and fold the flat sheet in half to cover the twin bunk. I have been meaning to get some of those elastic straps with the clips that you can by in the linen section to secure the flat sheet, but haven't yet. The full sheet does fit well, assuming that flannel will shrink after it is washed.

Back in the day, when we had a waterbed, I used a king flat sheet, and just tucked it in. I'm thinking that you could use a flat sheet with the elastic straps

9. TGuy

TGuy New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Give her a sewing machine and have her figure it out! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy II

10. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
  11. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Yup, jersey sheets are the way to go. They are nice and stretchy, and the queen size fits perfectly on our PUP's "king sized" bunk.

I like them in the summer too- the jersey sheets we have are mostly cotton so they don't get clammy. If it's too hot, you can kick off the covers. [;)]