King size bed support '88 jayco

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Jayco, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Jayco

Jayco New Member

So I was curious to know if I'm missing some parts for our new to us camper. We just acquired a 1988 jayco with a king size bed in the front. There are only two support bars for the bed and it doesn't seem to be enough. In all the pictures I've seen of similar models they have four supports. Am I missing something? Do I need to fab something up?

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

If you're missing those extra supports there will probably be 2 little pipes about 4" long welded to the fre of the trailer on the sides looking like a couple of shin gougers. Some models have 4 supports and some only have 2. You'll also probably have 2 tabs under the bunk which these missing supports would lock into. If you find these 2 things then you are missing supports. If not, roll on!

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Our Starcraft has four poles for the King bed. It has two thingies welded to the tongue and brackets under the bunk platform as skeeter said. if you have those things, then I would guess two of your poles are missing and you will have to fab some up.

4. Jayco

Jayco New Member

Maybe it was an add on, I have the brackets welded to the frame but no poles and no brackets under the bunk. Guess I need to start some fabrication! [MOD]

5. candleems

candleems Member

I have a '97 Jayco all set up at home. When I get there tonight, or tomorrow morning, I will take pictures and post for what your unit might have had. My '94 was slightly different, but still had 4 supports. Message me if I don't get them up tomorrow as a reminder.

6. bruno

bruno New Member

I have an 84 and it only has 2 supports for each side