Laminant cutting

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by SgtRon, Nov 6, 2018.

1. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

I have installed a shelf for T.P., keep in mind this toilet is for #1 during the midnite hours only and EVERYBODY sits, M or F.
    #2 and regular day usage will be at the campground facility.

2. Thox Spuddy

Thox Spuddy Member

As a cabinetmaker I say that is a very good job! But one small criticism would be the hinges; but to mortise them in on the edge would be very time-consuming so I understand the application. I might have to consider doing this. What brand potty?

3. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

I'll have to get back to you on that, I'm in my PJ's and it's nighttime. Ill check tomorrow.

4. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

The brand is CAMCO, it's a cassett model.

5. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

New question: Our pup has a Suburban LP heater that I tried for the first time this morning, only blowing cold air. I watched the troubleshooting video, it looks like there are no consumer serviceable parts. I've turned on the LP gas, I moved the thermostat up and heard the fan turn on. I ran it for about 10 minutes, the air never warmed up. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just take it to a RV service center?

6. Thox Spuddy

Thox Spuddy Member

I don't know how those are hooked up to the propane, if it is a hose check that it is not plugged. I had that happen, no gas was passing so I blew compressed air through it and a wad came flying out.

7. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Not to split hairs but your Camco doesn't appear to be a cassette toilet but rather a conventional manual flush porta potti - no?

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-Standard-Portable-Recreational-Activites/dp/B004SFKJIQ

Nice job, but I have to ask why you chose to cut the cabinet top rather than the side panel so you could just slide the potti out for use? [?:~{]

8. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Active Member

I would have done the same. I'm a rather large (wide) guy, and the thought of sitting on that toilet when it's inside the cabinet...Well, I simply wouldn't fit lol. If it's only used for #1 like he said, it would never be a problem obviously. Quality work non the less.

9. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

10. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

As stated previously, this head would only be used for the zero dark-thirty pee runs. The facility will be sealed up during the day, presenting a perfectly normal countertop. When it's time to hit the rack, the head will be opened and available for use, in the dark, for it's elderly owners. The last think we would want, would be to have to fumble finding the toilet, dragging it out and sitting on it to pee. The other option of dragging it out before turning in would no be good for us either, the limited space in the pup would almost guaranty tripping over it. For us, the enclosed option seemed to make the most sense. For others, maybe a different configuration would work better.

Flipped in NH likes this.
  11. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Pulling out the potti for use worked fine for us and is the same mod I'm planning for our NTU Resolute next spring when I install an electric flush porta potti. Having a fixed top to the cabinet in which the potti is located means not having to move anything in order to use the potti. Different strokes for different folks. :)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Y0tiYWFzQl8xdGRCRmwwOV90TXBtYlpOZHdRc3VB

12. Thox Spuddy

Thox Spuddy Member

I will just put it inside one of the cabinets and pull it out at night. At one time we used a P-bottle and left it inside of a bucket till morning until one night I got up and accidentally kicked the bucket.

13. SgtRon

SgtRon Member

I tried that stupid pee bottle, I made a mess in the dark....NEVER AGAIN!
    Besides, that didn't help my dw at her times of need.