Lets Talk Mattresses!

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by HartNimrod70, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Yes. I have the original 2003 mattress. its time for a change. The 2 inch topper was too soft for my back. The modern version of mattress is much better now than it was at 2003 .

MaeKay likes this.
  2. NM_Alien

NM_Alien New Mexico: Not really new and not really Mexico..

May 28, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    We tried using just the 3" Novaform directly on the OSB bunk ends but they weren't firm enough and my hips and shoulders were hitting the OSB. I like the comfort of the foam on top of the original mattress better than under it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    Thanks for the review!

4. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Get the appropriate mattress for the popup, you will be fine. Maybe add 1 inch shop foam under the mattress just in case.

5. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I've read some people use anti-fatigue mats. I wonder how carpet padding would work.

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Better than Nothing. I use moving blankets

7. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    Yep; I agree. I've even given that some thought, but I tend to think the exercise mats would be better because the compression is much more concentrated on an elbow or a hip and the matting is more firm. Does anyone know if there are different grades of exercise mats to choose from? And which one is the best for backing up the mattress?

8. CampStewart

CampStewart Member

Nov 3, 2017
    I am going to need a new mattress. My current one is from 2006 and my elbows, shoulders, and hips bottom out badly. With the design of my camper I don't have any real limitations on thickness. I am guessing my current one is about 3 inches thick. I am thinking about 4 inches, but would 5 or more be overkill?

9. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

BelchFire I like to use the blankets because I already own a stack of them. There easy to change out/clean. They also have other uses like Rugs, Curtains & Bedding.