Lift-a-bed

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by erond, Sep 15, 2018.

1. erond

erond Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    Since we've decided to make front and rear beds semi-permanent, I decided to make it a little easier to get into storage. I haven't decided whether I'll add gas struts.

I'm also thinking about turning the wider area near the door into an "airplane style" fold-out table.

Attached Files:

2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    I don't really understand what you're doing. Can you elaborate a little bit?

sawdusty likes this.
  3. erond

erond Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    With the dinette in semi-permanent bed mode, it's really difficult to get to storage. Multiple cushions and individual covers/seats in place. This lets the entire bed to lifted at one time to get to storage.

A key piece of missing information in the first post is that used to be the dinette/bed. :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I figured it was something like that , but wasn't sure eaither! Nice idea.

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    I get it. You got rid of the table You used the brown slats as filler to help brace the plywood to the support strips for the old table top when it would be in bed position. I finally saw the piano hinge in the second picture that allows you to raise the plywood so you can get at the storage. Nailed it, thumb to chest! Good job.