Light/Fan adapter for Rockwood ESP

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Kasey B, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Kasey B

Kasey B New Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Can someone help me know what kind of fan/light combo plugs into this? I saw a fan/light combo on etrailer but this port is different than others I’ve seen. I have a 2018 Rockwood ESP. There’s a little pin in the socket that would prevent a normal plug going in there. Is it a matter of getting an adapter? (Sorry if I’m using the wrong terms...total popup newbie!)

Attached Files:

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    The plug is a standard ¼" audio jack. The outlet is 12 volts. Lights or fan light combos are avail to plug into this jack and clip on the shepard hook.
    ref=sr_1_2

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
  4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

These are different than the regular 12v plug. Here are a couple places to find them.

Amazon or HannaRV

Kasey B likes this.
  5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Yep, that is the newer socket Forest River moved to a couple years back. They no longer use the 1/4" microphone jack. I think orchid found you the right ones.

Orchid likes this.
  6. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Same thing with my 2014 Rockwood, has the different plug. Orchid is correct.

Orchid likes this.
  7. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I hope you have better luck than i did with the light/FAN combo unit. Mine did not last very long. I had two of those fan combos delivered with my new 2008 Starcraft 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP camper. The fan went bad in both unit within the first year of use...
    [​IMG]
    Google Image

I went with the O-2COOL 10-inch FAN that runs on 120VAC - 12VDC - Internal D CELLS Batteries unit from WALMART - LOWES...

This has a large 10-inch blade for great cooling and runs for two or three days on D CELL BATTERIES... I got two of these in 2010 and they are still going just great. I can also sit on the behind one of the low profile OIL FILLED Radiator like electric heater we use alot of the time to blow warm air around the room...
    [​IMG]
    Google Image

The O-2COOL fan does not have an included lamp but everyone that camps always have their own TACTICAL Type flashlight. My trailer has the rope lights from LOWES mounted up high behind the VALANCE Curtain that goes around my whole POPUP trailer and this feeds good soft light back into the two tent bed ends..

I also have several of these LED LAMPS that run on AA Batteries that produce more light as you you pull the lens up. These have hook hangers as well that works great in the tent bed ends... The wife got these from QVC as I recall... I am sure you can get them also from AMAZON...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

maybe the newer light/fan combo lights are better quality with the newer trailers but I sure didn't have good luck with both of mine that came with my new trailer. They are a great idea however with the way they mount on the overhead support pole in the tent bed end...

[​IMG]
    Google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

8. brwarrior

brwarrior Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Clovis, CA
    My 2015 Flagstaff uses the new smaller connector (took me days until I finally saw the connector in the overhead lights.) The fan although it works decently, is really loud. I bought one of the 10" O2 Cool fans. I probably overpaid for mine at Target but I had flaked on ordering one online and remembered Target had it (and it came with both 120V and 12V adapters.) I wasn't impressed with the battery longevity so I would recommend the 12V cord at the least. I've seen it sold with different adapters, or no adapter.

9. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    And when you’re camping “on the grid” your standard window box fan will push a lot more air anyway.