Liquid Patch/Glue for Cuts in Vinyl Windows?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Wanderers, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Wanderers

Wanderers New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Is there such a thing as a liquid patch or glue for small cuts in vinyl windows?

My windows are tinted, and have been punched through in two places by something sharp about the size of a pencil eraser, making two little circular flaps. There's no vinyl missing-- it's just cut through.

It seems like it would be easier-- and look nicer-- to glue it back together rather than put a patch or tape on it. Is there something I could use to do that?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    A dab of Goop adhesive will do the trick. You can smooth it with a wet finger .

3. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Surprise, AZ
    Look for "VLP" it's a clear vinyl adhesive.

Disclosire - I bought some but I haven't personally used it yet, bercreek canvas recommended this product to me for pin holes I have in my bunk end tops.

4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Go to a flooring store and pick up vinyl floor adhesive Type A for cushioned floors. It's a little expensive. You could try the clear Shoe Goo found in shoe departments, also.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    All the glue repairs ive seen dont look great, tape it. Google jeep soft top window repairs. You will see how they come out. I have a jeep also, used tape, it dryed out in a few years left outside in the elements. With a pop up , and less exposure it will probably hold up longer, and it dosent look bad.

6. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    We used a clear vinyl repair tape on one of our campers. I put a small piece on each side (inside and out) of the window. About 1" past the damage of all sides. You had to look for the tape. The damage of the window showed, but it was not worse.

It lasted over 3 years until we sold the camper with no signs of failing. Don't remember what it was called. But I did buy it using RV in my search. I believe it was a vinyl awning repair tape. I would try searching using "RV vinyl awning repair tape"