A few months ago, I picked up a Livin' Lite Quicksilver 5.0 trailer to tow behind my MINI Cooper for camping, track weekend stays and car club events. So far, this is a pretty standard set of photos for a Quicksilver 5.0, but here is where it gets a bit strange! I wanted some more outdoor storage / work space... somewhere that would make cooking more convenient and would give me a place to store all of the stuff I like to take along with me. I didn't like the screen room solutions due to size or design considerations... too wet, to sensitive to wind, too poorly made or a combination of all of these reasons. I kept thinking about what an ideal solution would be for me: 1. light weight and small packing space (the trailer isn't very big) 2. Simple and well-made 3. Dry in a hard rain 4. Setup with 1 person To start (and to test my sewing abilities), I spent a few weeks sewing a custom awning for the rig. It's a bit larger than the add-on unit from Quicksilver and has a few extra features: I setup my kitchen gear to see how it all fits. Looks good! I was able to fit 2 rubbermaid totes in the trailer when packed... one for kitchen gear and the other is for clothing and personal items. You can see the guy line pocket here (with the black zipper), and the tie down tabs (smaller bits of black webbing) that point both inside and out. I ran a bit of cording around the inside as a clothes line to dry out damp towels, etc. Once I got the roof in place, it was time to start thinking about walls for more rain protection... On the passenger side, there will be a door with zippers down either side. In this simple drawing, it's hanging straight down, unzipped. When zipped, it will look a lot like the other side. I'll put some sort of Velcro wraps at the top so the door can be rolled up and kept out of the way on nice days or when it's just barely raining. The fabric for the walls will be much thinner (and hopefully easier to sew) than the roof. It's a 4oz ripstop nylon with a waterproof coating (think 'tent'... not so much 'heavy-duty tarp' like the awning) and thin, clear vinyl windows. I'm not sure if I'll put a window on the roll-up door... I hope that the door will be stowed in the up position 90% of the time (only pulled down for heavy rain), so I might simplify the design (and it will probably help keep the rolling of the door easier without the bulky vinyl window). I'm also thinking of running black nylon webbing down each of the tie-down seams (the parts that go down to tent stakes) to bear the brunt of the tension. It's not as pretty that way, but I think it will be sturdier and more wind-proof. I've spent easily 40-hours over the past 2 weeks sewing like a mad man... I'm 2-3 hours away from my first test fitting and photo session for the tent (what I'm calling a vestibule) based on the drawings above. So far it looks pretty good... the first camping trip is in 2 weeks!