Looking at Jayco 1207 - Sagging over bunk?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Bobblebee, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Bobblebee

Bobblebee New Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Madison, WI
    Hello. In a couple of hours, I'm going to go look at a Jayco 1207. The pics the seller provided show a lot of sagging in the canvas above the bunks. I can't tell if this is common/normal, or something I should be concerned about. It looks like water would pool up there when in rains.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions! Thanks! 30412106_1425645250914169_9028653372298756096_n.jpg

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    You should be able to adjust the Shepard hook poles to tighten that up.

3. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    X2

4. Mr.SumSum

Mr.SumSum New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    i have a Jayco 1207 and have the same problem on one of the bunk ends. I can't just adjust the length of the shepherds pole, as the side canvas is as tight as it will go. Assuming everything else is set up correctly and the problems still exists, you can raise the shepherd pole bracket so the shepherd pole lifts the canvas up higher. Or, you could remove the bracket, detach the canvas from that side of the roof, and reattach the canvas a little higher up to take up some of the slack.

Bobblebee likes this.
  5. Bobblebee

Bobblebee New Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Madison, WI
    I ended up buying it. The pole is not adjustable like MrSumSum mentioned. The seller didn't have it 100% set up due to the cold weather. I'm hoping I'll be tighten things up when all the bungies are in place.

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Congrats on your NTU pup!

Were both sides like that? It sure looks like the Sheppard pole isn't long enough. Post another pic after you bungee it.

7. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Jun 14, 2014
    What year is that camper? ours has hook and loop underneath and it is very important that it is pulled down tightly before fastening. Adjustable shepherds poles are available from the dealer.

8. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

No big deal. Put pool noodles on the shepherd's poles. It will take the sag right out. I have the same on mine.

drgiese likes this.
  9. drgiese

drgiese Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Northern California
    That's a great idea! I may have to try that.

Orchid likes this.