Loved one missed!

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Fixitup, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    We are in Fancy Gap, VA. On a 10 day stay. This is the last cg that my late brother that we lost this past Sept. He is the reason that we bought our first pup. He had an Outback and loved his camping. We met every year either here, or Boone,NC, Hot Springs,NC. All are 1/2 point between Smyrna, TN and Chesapeake, Va. This trip his widow came and stayed with us for a few days. It was so nice to have her with us! We miss him so much! So Rip Paul Johnson.

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I know it's hard, but camping can be a good way to keep his memory alive...

Adina*Moo and Fixitup like this.
  3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Glad you were able to get together and celebrate his memory. Sounds like it was good for all.

Fixitup likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Losing a loved one is never easy and I am sorry for your loss. If he was the camper that you say, he would want you to continue on and that is what I would do. His widow spending time with you is also a good thing for the whole family and it is good that you had her along.
    Good Luck and Happy Camping

Fixitup likes this.
  5. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Thank you for the kind words! We have decided that Fancy Gap will be an annual event. Time heals, and memories are forever.

gottria and neighbormike like this.