Lucid 5” Foam Mattress

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by emoney, Jul 20, 2018.

1. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    So our NTU p’up came to us without mattresses of any sort in that I purchased it “mid-remodel”. More info other parts of the forum but I thought I’d share my mini review of the Lucid 5” Foam Mattress we picked up from Amazon
    F2E5D559-FA61-4404-BFF5-7C2C4461E17E.jpeg
    Came to us with 2 day free shipping, Prime member nicely boxed, vacuum packaged;
    354EEB04-35FD-4584-9F7C-C7933EED1AAC.jpeg
    They even included a little box cutter that safely removes the vacuum seal from the mattress. As soon as I laid it on the bunk it immediately started to fill out.
    4A84B2BB-3227-4F67-BCF4-59FDD585085B.jpeg
    We opted to order a Full, even though our bunkends are both Queen. I just didn’t want to cut anything and my DW isn’t a bit concerned with the gap near the end of the bunk of about 3”;
    982860FC-7BE1-40CF-99A4-2B21E565108A.jpeg
    It comes in a zippered cover so if you choose so you could easily buy the larger size, cut it down and zip it back up easy enough.
    All in all, I think it’s a great buy and a good fit. It was on sale for $129 and I also found it for the same at WalMart.com if you’re interested. I will be sleeping on it in 2 weeks, so I’ll update the thread then, but with the anti-fatigue mat under it that I picked up from HF, if felt really comfortable when I laid down on it. Btw, 4” of Firm Foam and 1” top layer of Memory Foam. Hope this helps.

Popiworks likes this.
  2. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    Any trouble with the roof fit after installing new mattress? With the anti fatigue mats that is 5.5 inches. It has to be tight. Just curious. DD and SIL borrowed camper this week and she is complaining about sore back. It was OK for weekend trip but 5 nights was too much. I will try to see how much room between mattress and stored screen door there is. If there is room I may give this a try. Thanks for the post.

3. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I’ll be cranking it down Sunday after I know it’s had the suggested 48 hours to get back to normal but if I measured correctly it should be fine. The factory put in a 4” mattress and plenty examples of people adding a 2” topper to that, so fingers crossed. I’ll update Sunday night to confirm

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Looks good, I hope it works out for you and I am sure that there are others that will be waiting for your opinion after the trial run . Good Luck and happy Camping

5. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    The DW and I both laid on the bed today in our normal sleeping positions and I did NOT bottom out! Woot woot. Rolled around a little since that’s kinda my thing at night and she didn’t move. If her words; “ feels just like our mattress”, which we went to a lot of effort to acquire. First trip is the week of the 30th so I’ll update again “the morning after”. If it holds the way I think it will, this is a great alternative to the flimsy factory alternative.

6. Bohlmann

Bohlmann New Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Hyde Park, NY
    My wife and I have a 2" memory foam on top of the factory heated (which we don't use) mattress with a 1" anti fatigue mat on our king and we can close it with no problems.

emoney likes this.
  7. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    That’s what I read that most do; add 2” on top of the factory 4”. So I still have an inch to spare I’m hoping.

8. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    So the verdict is in; it’s a Winner! DW and slept just like being home last night. Well, she did once she got over the fear of crashing to the ground. No bottoming out, top closed fine and all is well. I’m going to order one for the other bunk now. Just wanted to update this thread because I said I would.

bluelily likes this.
  9. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    Thank you for the update. I was waiting to hear. Good news.

10. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    i just ordered new foam mattress from Beckley's aired up and will put em in popup this Saturday.

emoney likes this.