March 2018 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    Well i guess working overnights gets me to spend money and I ended up buying the portable toilet, portable shower room, solar shower and toilet tablets. Operation outdoor bathroom complete. [PP][LOL]

Katskamper and Flamingo Guy like this.
  2. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    We went camping earlier in the week and I decided a few things needed improvement. I had installed the solar panel charge controller in an inconvenient place, running the wires to the battery out under the canvas at the corner. We keep the panel portable, so we can move it into full sun, while we can be parked in the shade. Where the controller was first mounted, the wires kept getting pulled out of the clamps and that is a real pain. So yesterday I ran the wires to the battery out the same hole in the floor and along the same path that all the other wires take from the converter to the battery on the tongue. Our camper has an extre port in the side for an AC wire to run and that is where I ran the wire to connect the solar panel. The controller is mounted next to the converter on the front of the dinette seat. A much better set up and hopefully more out of the way.
    Also, we did a complete cleaning and lubricating job on all the parts of the lift system. The winch was dry and the cable dirty and sticky with old grease. All parts cleaned, greased, oiled or silicone sprayed, the camper is much, much easier (and quieter!) to crank up and down! Beds slide out smoother too. We also got a bal leveler, and I really like it! My husband thinks it's silly, but I think he likes fooling around leveling the camper.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. J Starsky

J Starsky Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    Checked for mice and found one - didn't move in yet. Trapped and killed him, nobody has taken the bait since [:(O]

4. Mr.SumSum

Mr.SumSum New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Plan on getting the camper out of storage this weekend or maybe next.
    Ordered a new back up camera for the truck.
    Ordered a water pump for the pup (still have the original hand pump for the sink)
    Ordered a new expandable/folding leg for one of the tables.
    Still need to get a couple new hubs for the trailer, replaced entire brake system last year. And the ac died last year, so there's another thing. There's always something that can be done to the camper!

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    It was warm enough to finally caulk the new sink installed at Christmas. We added an insect screen on the hot water tank vent. Also changed out the latch on the hot water tank door for a metal one. Friends had their plastic one break while towing, and had to repair the hinge. I found the metal version and we upgraded to that - the plastic one was showing degradation when we removed it today.

6. rerspain

rerspain Active Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    I ordered the replacement for my old worm drive winch. I cant wait for the snow to melt so I can install it. I will be very happy to pull into a campground and have the roof go right up, instead of it taking 20 minutes.

IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg

J Starsky and jnc like this.
  7. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The Camco extension cord that was on sale on Amazon the other day arrived. I think it's a much better one than our current one, which will probably be relegated to the "only is really needed" section of the tote int he TV.
    The flexible laundry baskets that are where we currently pack our clothing are beginning to show wear after 3-1/2 seasons. They'll still work for a while, but I took measurements of the space under the bed, and went looking - online and is a few stores - for replacements. Sigh, yet another thing that worked great that is no longer to be found.

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Removed snow again 14 inches ....yuk

Ductape and jnc like this.
  9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Hitched up to our pup today to see if the new 4" drop hitch I ordered was going to give me enough drop for the pup to tow level, gave it a quick spin around the block (a block here is one mile on each side), then went back & collected the cover that had blown off halfway around the block since I'd forgotten to remove it...lol[:I]. BTW, it's almost perfectly level now, will be completely level once the TV gets loaded.

10. RVAcampcouple

RVAcampcouple New Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Bought it! Spent some time cleaning it up that afternoon.

Next up is replacing a hinge on the folding table legs, and ordering a new 120v heating element for the fridge.

Inaugural overnight practice run scheduled for the 24th! Hope the weather cooperates...

jnc likes this.
  11. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Ordered and received a 25', 30 amp extension cord.

PopUpSteve and kitphantom like this.
  12. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Worked in the TT for while, emptying, cleaning, and reorganizing the kitchen cupboards (all 2 of them) and the tiny pantry. We need to seal the pantry a bit better, it still has some dust intrusion through the wall seams into the louvered refrigerator area.
    Even after 3-1/2 years in the TT, we still do a little adding and subtracting of gear. I have a large LL Bean tote and a knock-off. I'm going to try to pack towels in one (it's also a safe place to transport the glass microwave turntable) as a replacement for the laundry basket. Ordered an extra-large tote, to try as a clothing tote. I'm hoping the totes work, they will be a more efficient use of space since they are a bit taller (we have unused vertical space under the bed) and have straight sides. The duffle bags that worked so well for tents and pups are difficult to cope with in our storage space now.
    First trip in 2-1/2 weeks, I probably won't dewinterize and flush the water system until Easter weekend.

13. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I am currently using an autoCAD program that I taught myself and a buddy's 3d printer to fabricate parts for my awning overhaul. I'm enjoying the process thoroughly. I plan on posting a thread when it's complete. It's nothing special but pretty unique sign of the times.

jnc likes this.
  14. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Jun 18, 2013
    central Oregon
    Starting on the pre-season check list that we wrote up last fall. The first item is new tires for the pup; they are on order and should be in early next week. Made an appointment for the tow vehicle to get new brakes and a general check up before we head out on a road trip.

15. Garrity

Garrity Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Arizona
    We are headed for the first family camping trip in our new to us trailer at the end of the month. First trip was with my buddies to iron out any kinks/issues, although there were none. I swapped all bulbs to LED on that trip. I purchased some 303 product for the vinyl, hard sides, and rubber seals that I'm going to apply at camp. I also purchased some new shock cord to replace some missing and worn ones for the bed ends attaching to the canvas. Also excited to test out a tire flag pole setup to fly Old Glory based on suggestions in the below thread. http://www.popupportal.com/threads/good-methods-for-displaying-old-glory.116512/

16. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Made appointments in April for: repacking of my Aliner bearings; snow tire removal and tuneup for my TV. Ordered and received Novus kit for my bubble windows. Made plans for custom shelving in two of my cabinets: pots/dishes/utensil storage and clothing.
    Now if we could just lose that last foot of snow...

17. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

We cleaned, prep, refilled, reorganize, washed and packed,

Plus the following mods:
    • Installed Battery Volt meter.
    • Installed Velcro to our dinette cushions to the wall to keep from falling over.
    And added and or replaced a few camping items in our Aliner:
    Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

jnc and PopUpSteve like this.
  18. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Still too cold and snowy to do much, so our baby is still in the garage. I managed to crawl in the door to measure floor space. I might crochet some rag rugs, not sure. Requires finding rags first (T-shirt’s from 2nd hand stores & creating the “yarn”).

Bought a foldable step stool at Ocean State Job Lot... really cute and will work at home for now. DH then found an aluminum, fully adjustable step stool (for at the trailer door) which will work better. Dogs need the boost cause the off-road is too high for them to jump.

Thinking about fabrics to add color. Curtains, pillows, duvet... easy stuff.

Hopefully soon... installation of new faucet, hot water heater, and solar (if we can find what we need).

19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Most snow gone, some sun, I almost forgot what is was. All I did today was bolt on my sway bar bracket. On my old trailerthe bracket came with dumb rivets, the new old with self tapping bolts ....... both went into the trash can. sway control.JPG

20. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Jun 5, 2014
    LG Region NY
    Ran out of gas while grilling so trudged through the snow and stole the propane tank of it. [:D]

Ductape, jnc, momofEAP and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.