March 2019 - So what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2019.

1. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Finally retrieved our PUP from my uncle's yard, brought it home, and I was so happy to open it up and find NOTHING! No critters, no water, no mold, none of the bad things you dread. I was able to finish up the nice edges of the foam tiles I hurriedly installed last fall. Then I measured for and started making a PVC towel rack to hang under one of the bunk ends. Need to order some hardware to finish that up. Yay!

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@DJNC- how old is that spare? Even if they look good, they can age out without ever seeing use.

3. DJNC

DJNC New Member

Really do not know. I would go with your thoughts though and plan to replace it anyway. The debris all in it was driving me crazy so that’s cleaned up and I’ll replace the rubber.

4. Garrity

Garrity Member

There should be a date code on the side of the tire (search 'tire date code'). It's cheap insurance though to just replace it, but make sure you order that new cover!

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yea , i need to get a cover for mine as well. This year i will get anothe 2 tires, long trip and the spare is old! It was part of the 2 year plan, lol. 2 tures last year and 2 this year. Ive been stocking up on stuff on amazon. Got a portable ellectric heater ( for the october disney trip), lots of odds and ends for the inside. Cant wait for a little warmer weather. I will make the bunk end shelves and add the pop up shelving over the sink.

6. Buckmaster81

Buckmaster81 Member

What didn’t I do...

Rebuilt the front trunk which included removing and replacing the water heater, access door and seals.
    Fixed a hole in the front plastic that was covered up horribly.
    Removed the roof racks
    Scraped off the old adhesive , cleaned and sealed the alumitite seams with eternabond tape
    Fixed a bunch of cracks in the trunk lid.
    3 new balances tires
    2 sets of bearings and bearing buddies
    Repaired the enterance step support arms.
    Repaired the entrance step lock/latch
    Oiled all locks
    Scrubbed the entire interior
    Washed the curtains
    Electrical systems check
    Greased the Wimble tree, leveling jacks, lift cables and pulleys.
    Inspected AC gasket
    Lubed bed slides
    Measured for new flooring
    Purchased LED bulbs and new bungee for bunk canopy.

Still have a bunch to do to get it right.
    Then I gotta figure out how to camp!

kitphantom, Sjm9911 and neighbormike like this.
  7. Sjm9911

Your welcome to come over here and fix a few things!

Buckmaster81 likes this.
  8. JWeible

JWeible Member

Finally popped up our new pup! Figured out where everything will go and made a list of everything we need to get. Hubby is drawing up plans for shelving over the kitchen. Had to put her back down because it’s supposed to rain today. So excited to get camping!!!

Garrity, neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. Sjm9911

10. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I bought my tabs today! I can now legally bring the pup home from its winter sleeping place.

11. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Didn't find a new sway bar in Tucson, so am using the one that had a piece break off. Working OK, not sure why that section breaking off seems to not cause a problem, but I'll take it.
    Dry camped 5 nights with the new batteries, which seem to perform better than the old ones did last year. They did well enough to loan my solar panel to another Sister on the Fly for most of an afternoon and part of the next morning.
    The microwave had shifted and screws on one side of the front frame had fallen out when I arrived in Tucson, and again at the SOTF event. Used matchsticks in the holes, no glue, and they held for my 3 hours on the road today.
    We will need to see why the fresh water seems to have more air in it than I remember when using it from the fresh tank. The pressure on the water pump holds, so it doesn't seem likely that we have a leak.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I put four new tires on and tightened the set screws on the new hitch assembly. I had to get a 5/16" allen wrench, which was the one size I didn't already own.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Planning on picking up the trailer next Saturday, so... remembered to make drain holes in battery boxes, ordered tire covers, a couple replacement lights... still dreaming of camping!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. Sjm9911

I still jeed a tire cover! For the spare.

15. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

called the underground storage , made plans to pick up the trailer next Saturday morning

16. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Sounds like Hogan making contact with the underground! Lol

hq308 likes this.
  17. brwarrior

brwarrior Active Member

Went and cleaned her up post Death Valley trip. Flushed the water heater out (and the gunk from the old anode rod) with the remnants of what was in the fresh water tank. I guess that "pressure washer" outlet (it's just a coiled vinyl hose with a sprayer on the end that taps off of the cold water line) has a use. And subsequently tracked more stuff onto the clean floor... Put the cover on as it's stored under a eucalyptus tree. Ordered and received some LED lamps for the porch and deck lights as well as a hitch stabilizer thing. Replaced the broken plastic screw that holds the glass top on the range. Just waiting for the clear 3M VHB to arrive to put the metal lip back on and a set of rubber wheel chocks. When I unhitched last time the plastic one didn't hold on the gravel and that was a little exciting. :O

I'm contemplating changing out to LED turn/stop and markers. Or maybe just lamps. Looks like the tail lamps are going to need to be recaulked this year.

18. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

I checked the function of the fridge, freezer, heater and such to camping for my birthday. Sometimes it's how the camper returns the love we show them.

19. Flipped in NH

Flipped in NH Member

Took it out of storage, set it up in the barn for inspection. No rodent signs! I also reinstalled the dinette cushions that I recovered. And one mattress enhanced with 2” gel-infused memory foam topper and then recovered. I am getting excited for the first trip in 2 1/2 weeks!

Garrity likes this.
  20. Austin694

Austin694 Member

Re-caullked all the corner joints and across the awning, then painted the entire top with Hengs rubber coating.