Meet our newest member of our family

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by fourhallatts, Dec 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Yesterday we picked up our newest member to the family. (For those who don't know our buddy Skittles died before Thanksgiving) Her name is Katie and she is just over 1 year old. She likes to look out the window and seems to love being outside (We had a hard time getting her to come back inside last night). She is warming up to us (though she seems to have bonded with my 17 year old ds. It's been a long time since we have had a young dog (Skittles was 13) so I will have to remember to all the things you have to do to keep a youngster out of trouble. 795.jpeg

Snow likes this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations! What a pretty girl!

3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  4. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    The tiniest size of Milk Bone dog treats are a great training aid. Every time she comes when called give her some love and a treat.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go when I die." Will Rogers

5. Ductape

Ductape Active Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Adorable !

6. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Congratulations and all the best with the newest member of your family!

7. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Congrats on the new addition! Hot dogs cut up & microwaved for several minutes till they kinda harden make really good training treats. Use them cold....lol

8. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Congrats! What breed is she? Looks like Maremma/Kuvaz type?

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Congrats on the latest member of your family. Her liking to travel is a big plus. Good Luck and Happy Camping

10. penny

penny Member

Nov 9, 2017
    She is a beautiful girl! She has an intelligent face, and will be a full member of your family before you know it. We adopted 2 dogs last spring when our 13 yr old rottie left this world.

11. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Katie is a Great Pyrenees. She has a very loud deep bark and is a great watch dog. She however does have one bad habit. She is a digger. We planted an oak sapling in the fall and I have had to fill up 3 holes she has dug right next to it. Fortunately she hasn't disturbed the tree.