Messy Coleman high wall restoration

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by AdventureNJ, Sep 27, 2018.

1. AdventureNJ

AdventureNJ New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Here I have a 2006 Coleman Niagara I spotted on craigslist for $2000 .after a little research I see these go for around 6 to 7000 bucks.I always wanted a high wall and it said it needed a good cleaning and minor repairs.So i went to look at it. It was nice on the outside but a mess on the inside.a leak around the ac unit had caused black mold all over the canvas the inside was dirty with dog hair and mess..done lights did not work had a seam split on one bunk and canvas and window damage on the slide out. But all systems were in working order and the. Cabinets and cushions had no damage so I grabbed it. The dome light were an easy fix a shorted out connector in the side of the canvas was replaced.i an still cleaning the black mold with bleach water and dish soap.came out nice and white..tackeled the leaking AC unit. Turns out when I went to remove it it would not budge.i took the cover off to find they SCREWED it to the roof with 12 large screws.and put caulk around it.Huh. what were they thinking. I filled the holes with JB weld and installed new seal.Fixed. up next a friend of mine who dose upholstery work is going to repair the canvas .more to come

Attached Files:

jnc, Sjm9911 and Orchid like this.
  2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    a good and fun buy... to keep you busy...

3. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Sounds like you have everything under control. Keep the pics coming!

Orchid likes this.
  4. William Freeman

William Freeman Active Member

May 5, 2018
    Richburg SC
    Wow - seems like a lot of former Coleman owners have one thing in common - they shouldn't work on/repair their own camper! The P.O. of my '08 Arcadia really screwed mine up by doing all the work himself! Funny (not really) how a $20 gasket could have prevented $3K of ceiling damage or MANY hrs of work by me! Or paying a dealer $100 replace the A/C gasket CORRECTLY.

5. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Good for you and worst case scenario you rebuild the roof and that thing lasts you for as long as you want it to.

6. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    It's not just coleman owners, same can be said for any RV. Sounds like you know how to get what's wrong fixed. Good luck.

William Freeman likes this.
  7. William Freeman

William Freeman Active Member

May 5, 2018
    Richburg SC
    Yeah, definitely - you got it for a great price (much better than what I paid), and you seem like the type of person that knows how to repair things CORRECTLY.
    I agree with that for sure - I bought a class c Winnebago back in 2008(?) from the original owner (a 68yo retiree) that claimed there were "no issues at all" with the RV. I found PLENTY that he had "fixed" or "upgraded".

8. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    plenty of ignorance going around.

William Freeman likes this.