Michigan Are we in for another 87?

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by jacrabbitt, May 4, 2017.

1. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    I recall the Summer of 87 or as I refer to it the Summer that wasn't. It rarely made low 70's, cool, wet, mosquitos up the ying yang. I realize it's only the first week of May but this is ridiculous, we can't break into the 60's for more than a day or 2. Sun? Forget about it. There I've ranted. but the weather is still crap. Out of Staters wonder why we have a Bar on every corner.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    I hear ya - down here near Chicago, I think the same thing to myself every May. We have the same crap weather down here. I made a tiki bar in my basement this winter so we could pretend we are somewhere warm... hello pretend-Hawaii!

3. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    I saw 6 Robins standin in the front yard. They must have been debatin about packin it in and bailin south

4. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Jul 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I partly blame myself. I bought a new telescope a few months ago, and we have had non-stop rain and clouds since.

5. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    See how ya are? Al We always get what you just had.

6. Aladin Sane

Jul 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I know, i feel bad for bringing this down on the entire Midwest.

7. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    I was just down in southern central IL, yesterday. We drove home with rain for 3 hours and then no rain for the last 3. It was actually warmer up here in northern IL! We're camping in 2 weeks with the IL Spring Rally at Shabbona State Park! Hope it's drier and warmer!

8. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

Oct 28, 2015
    Midwest
    Guess I'll be wearing the Wellies for awhile. High Water signs are up all over our area and frost is expected this weekend.

9. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    I grew up in MI - moved to IL in the early 90's, then to NC in the mid 90's. I took my wife on a trip back to MI in 2011 in October. We left NC with our bags packed full of October-in-Michigan appropriate clothing, and when we arrived it was &%*(TP hot! It was hotter in MI in October than it was in NC, for the whole time we were there.

I've been trying to convince my wife for 10 years to move to MI - and suddenly, about 2 months ago, she agreed. We're headed up for a 5 day trip in 2 weeks to look for the town we want to move to :)

10. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    Much as I hate the flippin weather...It still ain't a bad joint. we got Green and trees and lakes..the rest of the troops dream about,Except WI MN and upstate NY. And maybe Scotland, never been there. so ain't quite right on that. Ya. burn water in Scotland, it's on the bucket list.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  11. SuperYooper

SuperYooper Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Upper Michigan
    Ha! You sound like you could be an honorary Yooper! I know you think you have it terrible BUT it was a light winter and has only been rainy...I'd take that over snoh anyday. Point of reference, many a year we have gotten FEET of snoh for Mothers Day, I don't see that happening this year which makes it a win year!

12. Aladin Sane

Jul 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I lived in grand forks nd for 13 years. We got at least one big fall of snow in May every year I was there. We occasionally get a may snow in Iowa, but it is pretty rare.

13. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Don't mind the bars! Out on our first trip, 38* and heater blowing. Toasty night.
    Maybe tomorrow I won't have the same attitude! Supposed to be windy.

14. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

Oct 28, 2015
    Midwest
    I'd love to live in Michigan but don't forsee that happening but Michigan vacations are always good.

222273_115411105208520_433379_n.jpg

15. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    We just got through with 90 degree days out here in the land of overtaxation and stupid legislation. It's only going to be in the upper 60's to 70's this week so I can empathize. We are still skiing though. Still have 50' snow drifts in the high country.

Not the same? No, it ain't. Like the song says. The sun will come out tomorrow.

Happy Campin'

16. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    I grew up in MI, escaped after college and ended up there from 2005-2008 and escaped again for the last time. However, your weather is not that bad. I started walking the dogs this AM (7) and it was 28, and going to be colder tomorrow AM (or so the weatherman says).
    I remember a saying we had when I lived in MI. "What do they call the day after two days of cold rain?" "MONDAY!":D
    Snow in the mountains...and only a few days so far over 60. I feel for ya....[:D]

17. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    It was 80 degrees and sunshine in eastern Kansas today. [:D]

18. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

Apr 24, 2011
    Ocala,FL
    Well its windy I mean real windy here today and it just started raining sideways!!!!!