Need some ideas for making privacy surround for potti

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by poohsta3, Apr 2, 2013.

1. poohsta3

poohsta3 Poopup

Mar 15, 2013
    SO I ordered the Thetford Curve online after reading all about it here....I get the call at work " so the porta potti arrived and they didnt bother to ship it in a different box. (laughing) the thing has been sitting outside on the front porch all day for everyone to see (more laughing) ( we live on a main road ;-)
    Anyways...we plan on putting it inside one of the seats (with a bit of modification for height if needed) Would love to have a small privacy curtain or maybe a combination folding wall /curtain situation? Mostly convcerned about some privacy in the middle of the night when we bring guests along.....
    Anyone here do something like that? I need pics as I am a "visual" person ;-) Thanks for any help!! ;-)

2. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Aug 27, 2010
    I have an outside potty tent [8D]

3. bandc12

bandc12 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I have an outside potty tent as well. There are not enough walls that could provide enough "privacy" in a pop up!

4. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I agree; inside, it's a bust. Go for a shower tent outside; it's a cinch.

5. blimey

blimey New Member

Sep 7, 2012
  6. Tonimus

Tonimus Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I use a tarp strung up between some trees.

7. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Lake Orion, Mi.
    I have short snap together straps that are riveted to the ceiling to hold our privacy curtain. It's actually three different curtains that I snap together to create the closed off area. There used to be a foldover heavy wall on the bed side that folded over to double as a counter when the potty wasn't being used but I took it out. Too heavy and awkward to use. If we use the shower, we have to add the shower curtain to the rail. If we camp at a campground with showers I just set up the curtains. Something like a kids hulahoop might work well if you can figure out an easy way to suspend it from the roof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    poncho

9. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Wisconsin
    If you're like me, no one would come within 100 yards anyway. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

10. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

My PUP. My toilet. My rules. If you're shy about using the facility inside then you can drag yourself in the dark (and often rain) to the park facility. At 3am we're not shy but if you are - see ya! [LOL]

NMroamer and Katskamper like this.
  11. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    An entrenching tool folds over and locks.

12. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I have the walmart unit. Works great for us. DW and DD love it at nite. I have the 3legged portapotty with the ziplock bags from walmart also. This works ok just doesnt hold alot and messy to seal and dump. The mesh bottom make cleaning it out a snap with the hose.

13. rsttoole

rsttoole Hello from Boise Idaho

Feb 9, 2013
    Bought the walmart unit yesterday and set it up in my house to check it out. Looks awesome. No need to spend $100 like the ones at cabelas!

Katskamper likes this.
  14. Livin2Camp

Livin2Camp New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    We used this from Ikea
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00079362/

plus the curve parts and ceiling attachments.

We don't use the dinette area so the porta potty goes between the seating area, curtain hangs from the ceiling. Our porta potty is the 3 legged style with zipper bags...we each take care of our own "mess", so no lingering smell.
    We also use the privacy area for changing clothes.
    When we close up the pup, rod stays attached to ceiling, we take the curtain down.
    Rod was easy to cut and it was all easy to install.

We love Ikea, we've bought a few things that fit the pup perfectly.

15. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

That's exactly my thoughts We don't have one yet, but am thinking of getting one for this year as we're doing some longer camping trips. If I had to go out on the potentially cold and rainy weather, I might as well walk to the bathhouse. Mine's staying indoors.

Ours will be used for only #1 and real emergencies (maybe severe thunderstorms we'll allow a #2 lol) and my family isn't THAT modest and can turn and look the other way.

On the other hand, the OP seems to be so modest they were embarrassed to have a toilet box on their front step, so I guess I get it lol.

16. Toolmaker13

Toolmaker13 Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Talk about an old thread....2013

17. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    2DD59B01-6DA4-4541-835F-A48A03514493.jpeg

jnc likes this.
  18. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    I too use an outside tent with the curve inside. I was camping in Cave Creek SP in Sedona last weekend and the camp host said I couldn't have a "potty" tent at my campground, and this was after telling me that it's fine to just dump my grey water in the bushes (my potty tent does double duty as an outdoor shower tent. So, my question is...why the heck not? There were other people tent camping, why couldn't I pitch my little tent. You couldn't even tell there was a portatoilet in there. I just hate stupid rules.

19. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Yikes, I have no idea how I found this thread and replied to it. I'm baffled.