New fabric ideas for my pup...

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Don's eagle pup, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Don's eagle pup

Don's eagle pup Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Sycamore IL
    It's -12 degrees out and I'm lucky enough to have a heated garage big enough to be able to open the pup enough to work on the inside of it. That said, I've googled the crap out of re working the curtains, bunk curtains and the cushions. Keeping the cost down I came across really decent blackout curtains at Walmart. Bout $13 for two pannels at 72"x63" total. Seems like a good deal to me. The reason for the post is I figured.., why not just use the same pannels for the cushions. Different patterns and colors of course. The fabric is cheep and seems very durable for as much as it's used. Fishing for any thoughts you all may have... Thanks

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I think it should work out fine as long as the pannels are long and wide enough to secure around by the cushions. I was thinking of using a heavy duty shower curtain for mine, mainly because I wanted something cheap and a bit more water proof. With two dogs and a 13 yo I needed something that can clean easy. I also used the Walmart blackout curtains for popup curtains and they came out great. Still working on the valance before I jump to the cushions. Slow going as I'm needing mom's knowledge with sowing and her sowing machine. She had eye surgery not long ago so everything is on hold until her eyes heal. Good luck, can't wait to see the after pictures.

3. Don's eagle pup

Don's eagle pup Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Sycamore IL
    Thanks, I didn't think of the shower curtain thing... That's a great idea as well. I have a 12 y/o and two dogs too. The dinette will end up being the dogs bed I'm sure so same as you I'm looking for the durability factor. Thanks for the response...

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I used fabric shower curtains from Walmart for my old popup. They were great and inexpensive. Got the idea from PopUpPrincess.com.

ccptbo likes this.