New from Arizona (it's a dry heat, just like your oven!)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bill Alexander, Aug 3, 2018.

1. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Welome to the portal, so glad you found us. I had to laugh when I read your title. My husband got a job in AZ and everyone kept telling me that "at least it's a dry heat", now I know how to respond.... I gave it 8 months but the summers were just too much to bear, so I headed back home and visit DH on weekends. Last time I visited, it was 116 degrees.

2. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Welcome to the Portal..Arizona is my dream vacation really!!! hope to get there before I die.. lol

great group here..

Hi from hot and humid SCarolina.. where everything sticks to ya like an extra layer of skin.. ugg..

3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Welcome to the portal from Northern NJ. I get a chuckle everytime I read the title of this thread
    it's a dry heat, just like your oven!

4. sallugo

sallugo Member

Welcome from North Fort Worth TX! We used to live with n Tucson! Miss the mountains and I will never complain about heat! Desert rat here!!!

5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard from Jax, FL...we were just out there for 8 days visiting the GC, tubing down the Salt River and otherwise just enjoying the sights around the Williams/Flagstaff area. We also swung by the Painted Desert / Petrified Forest as well as staying at SnowBowl Lodge and winding our way up through Sedona. There's a post here somewhere about the trip, we'd love to bring the PUP out and hit some of the wonderful camping spots.

Great to have you join us and again Welcome Aboard.