New Gizmos!!

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Orchid, Sep 26, 2018.

1. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

PL premium should work... try a test and make sure it adheres to ABS. If not, silicone would work. I know people shudder when they hear silicone and pups but just use a bit as a glue and you'll be fine.

jnc, Orchid and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    You have to make sure the lid is thick enough to take the staples.
    2016-07-03 16.44.13.jpg

Most are and won't be a problem.
    2016-07-03 17.21.50.jpg

First off, make sure you use the correct side of the Velcro. The one on the PUG would be the "Fuzzy" side so the one to put on the camper would be the "Pointy" side.

Adhere the Velcro, in small sections, to the underside of the lid. You may want to double-down by spraying some 3M Adhesive to the sticky side of the Velcro.
    2016-07-03 17.52.20.jpg

I put staples at the ends of the Velcro and at the 1/2 points. The best type to use have barbs to help anchor the staple. But between the adhesive and even standard staples, it should hold with no issues.
    2016-07-03 19.24.11.jpg

There are many ways to attach the lines for the Super High Wind PUG. What I've found works best for me is to connect then to the Bunk-End Bungee. This way I don't have to bend-down and get under the Bunk-End.
    2017-10-01 13.05.38.jpg
    2017-10-01 13.06.50.jpg
    2017-10-01 13.07.42.jpg

Once attached and tensioned the first time, I tie-off any extra line.
    2017-10-01 13.06.32.jpg

Orchid likes this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    "Used To", what happened, need another one?

4. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Another ad? Yea! the one I had is faded...

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    PM me your shipping info and I'll send you one.

Orchid likes this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I have an ABS roof as well. I went ahead and stapled them. No issues and they have been on for 3 years now. Unless your lip is super thin you shouldn't have any issues. On mine the roof is filled inside with expandable foam or something like that between the outside and inside ABS layers. My lips are much thicker than the staples I was using. I did use sticky velcro from Home Depot/Lowes, but it was only good for keeping it in place so I could staple it. I had one edge that I ran out of staples so the last 2" did not get stapled. Within a year it had peeled back to the closest staple. I have since fixed it, but in the TX summer the adhesive just doesn't hold up to the heat.

Orchid likes this.
  7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Thanks! I will absolutely staple them now that I know I can. I have plenty of space there for Velcro.

I loved the Gizmos, even without being properly attached yet. There was no warm spot, even at the very end of the bunks. It was 100 degrees outside and 74 inside (middle of the day.) It was freezing at night. Usually the very end of the bunk starts to warm up once the sun rises. Not anymore.