New Member from Littleton

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Handy Heffe, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM.

1. Handy Heffe

Handy Heffe New Member

Wednesday
    Liittleton, Colorado
    Hello,

I have been a PUP owner for about 6 years, but now I'm upgrading from a '96 Coleman Fleetwood Cedar to an '03 Coleman Fleetwood Niagara Elite. Found a smokin deal on one that needs a little love on Craigslist. I'm not new to picking up projects but I'm hoping to find some good information on here. I don't have any pictures handy, but I'll try to get some and put them up.

Basically I'm going to be searching around for information on sealing the roof, and possibly replacing the canvas (unless I can find a good way to get the stains out of the old one). I've been googling around and people seem to be pretty keen on using bed liner on these things.
    I wonder if I need to remove the roof rack rails in order to seal it up properly. There seems to be a few low spots on the roof where gravity and perhaps pooling water have made it sag. The inside headliner has a seam that has fallen an inch and I can see rotted wood in it. I'm hoping that I can just pull the roof down from inside and replace the wood and vinyl to make it look nice again. Sorry I started rambling there...

The camper is quite nice inside and doesn't look like it's really been used that much. The linoleum is in great shape the all the upholstery looks new. I'm hoping that I can make this into our next rig and get a 5-7 years out of it. I have the winter here to play around with it and I have plenty of room in the budget to fix the roof and the canvas. There is a small exterior dent that I want to repair, but that part looks super simple (drill some rivets and pound the thing flat and then reinstall).

Thanks for reading, looking forward to contributing during the process.
    Heffe

2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Welcome aboard from King George Virginia... Winter months are fun times for projects if you have an indoor place to work. I did alittle of that with my OFF-ROAD POPUP one season... Now my garage has turned into a very large storage area.

My first big project was beefing up the converter/charger and big cables to a large battery bank. Then I kept dragging off under body cables so got all of that inside PVC tubing now under the trailer. This was all back in 2008-2009...

Now I am upgrading my battery bank again. Most all of my camping is off-grid and we love the high country camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway and the wooded Virginia/West Virginia State line border...

I also did alot of beefing up the floors with carpet and under the tent beds and stopping up all of the edges around everything blocking off the cold air from getting in. It is pretty warm and cozy now...

My popup has tall wheels and high clearance so I can back it up into some interesting places when camping off-grid...

Find me a foot trail like this and I can make me a great isolated camping spot hehe...
    [​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Welcome from NEPA!

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome from NM.
    Good sections to begin reading in are "In the Garage" and "At the Campsite". There are sections for the roof and canvas. For the roof, there are reports on repairs, including coatings, and for canvas, suggestions for cleaning and re-waterproofing.

The two main places for replacement canvas are Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas. For pricing and options, contact both, with your the make, model, year, and VIN (that confirms details).

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the portal from N/W Fl. Panhandle. You have come to the right place for answers, someone on here will probably have ran into any problem at one time or the other. Wish you many great adventures in your NTU PUP. Good luck and Happy Camping

6. Fless

Fless Active Member

Welcome from Parker, CO!

7. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Greetings and welcome to the Portal from western Colorado!