New PopUp Campers from Southern Indiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HappyCamper 47601, Oct 10, 2018.

1. HappyCamper 47601

HappyCamper 47601 New Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Hello,

Before I introduce myself, I want to thank all the members in this incredibly insightful forum. I gained a lot of knowledge from reading various discussions prior to purchasing our '99 Coleman Niagara. My family and I enjoy camping; however, sleeping on the ground with a bad back has caused us to take fewer and fewer camping trips each year. My wife and I enjoy the simpler things in life. We have three children (15, 13, & 9). We are known as the 'hiking family' by our friends. If it's not raining, then we're probably outside doing something.

Through a friend, we found a family in Kentucky that wanted to sell their popup camper in order to buy a TT. The price and the condition of the popup was too good to pass up. Since buying it, we have given it a deep clean (inside and out), repacked the wheel bearings, purchased new tires, and added a plethora of camping gadgets and "must-haves" (of course, keeping in mind the added weight to the camper). It still needs some cosmetic work.

We survived Camp Driveway (it was funny seeing all the neighbors staring at us through their windows - lol!). We took the camper to a county park that is less than a mile from our house a couple of times. First, it was during the week (we homeschool our children) that we camped. We had an amazing and relaxing time! The second time, we camped during the weekend. It was packed! It was noisy! As we were getting ready for bed at 11p.m., there was loud music, couples arguing, kids riding their bikes in the dark, someone cutting firewood with a chainsaw,golf cart racing, and the shower house resembled (and smelled like) a barn. Needless to say, we will avoid that campground on the weekends. I have no problem with people having a good time, but sure wish they would respect the 'quiet hours'.

We are leaving on Friday morning to travel to a KOA campground near Six Flags St. Louis for the weekend. Every weekend in October, we have reservations for camping (that makes me feel fortunate). I love camping in the Hoosier National Forest this time of the year. I look forward to reading older threads and posts this winter. Thanks, and take care!

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Welcome to PopUpPortal. Glad you found the site useful in your quest for a camper. Enjoy your first trip.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

4. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Welcome to Popupportal! And welcome to Niagara family as well.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

7. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

8. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Welcome from Oklahoma

9. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

10. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

11. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!