New Rockwood 2716G

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by hychenj, Jul 16, 2017.

1. hychenj

hychenj New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Alabama
    My wife and I just purchased our first Pop Up! It is a new Rockwood 2716G and we just finished our first trip. This is my first post but would like to thank all of you for the information that has been posted on this site!

Jerrid

Attached Files:

Hankster and prop630 like this.
  2. giadiep

giadiep Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Nice pup!

3. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Looks great. Particularly like the cushions. Look a lot more comfortable than the ones in ours.

4. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Looks great enjoy!!

5. prop630

prop630 New Member

May 19, 2017
    Aurora, IL
    Looks great, very roomy looking.

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Sweet looking pup!! Hope you have many great trips!

7. upstate family

upstate family Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Central New York
    That is beautiful. I too have a u shaped dinette on a slide and love it!

8. hychenj

hychenj New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Alabama
    Thanks, Having two small children the u shaped dinette was what sold us on this floor plan.

upstate family likes this.
  9. sallugo

sallugo Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fort Worth TX
    Very nice looking pup!

10. BrianD

BrianD New Member

Jun 27, 2017
    That is my dream pup right there. Love everything about it; the slide out, the amenities, the exterior color. Looks great.

11. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Nice looking tent trailer with slide... Looks like alot of room inside... I like the slide out for the dinette and wrap around seating...

[​IMG]
    Google image

Just curious where you have your HDTV setup for watching...

This is our floorplan and we use the storage cabinet next to the fold over sink/stove setup for our HDTV. Works out great for us with our wrap around seating... We can swivel the HDTV to watch while laying in the front tent bed if we like... We sleep in the front tent bed area and since there is only the two of us the rear tent bed becomes the day time storage area of items... We usually eat outside sitting around the patio area and the table shown here is lowered and makes up the wrap around seating into a day-bed so to speak... Perfect for the two of us laying in and watching HDTV in the evening hours..

[​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

12. Hankster

Hankster New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I love it!!! We have a 2516G, and while I am absolutely in love with our "Rocky", I do like your wrap around dinette more than our standard bench-type slide out dinette. We also have a longer sofa, which I don't find it necessary to have it longer -- I'd prefer to have that extra cabinet that you have instead of a longer sofa! For us, though, we really needed/wanted that extra storage trunk that we have underneath our king size bed and didn't think we'd use the outdoor fridge (we don't even use the indoor fridge, except to store spices, plates, etc) so we went with the 2516G. I really wish we had that dinette you have though!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice to be able "build" your popup to your own specs; ie, "I'd like a 40 inch sofa, an extra cabinet instead of a toilet, etc etc?" Maybe someday! [CC] Enjoy your rig - she's a beaut!!!!!!!

2516G
    [​IMG]

13. hychenj

hychenj New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Alabama
    I am still trying to figure out TV placement. The factory cable line is below the storage to the right of the dinette. The only negative to this is that if you want to sit in the dinette and watch tv. I thinking about moving the line to over across from the stove, but we will see. We have only made one trip with it so I may spend some time in it and see what is best.

14. hychenj

hychenj New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Alabama
    We also went back and forth on the 2716G and the 2516. Our deciding factor was the U-shaped Dinette. With a 8 and 5 year old it gives a little more room for game nights. I do think storage is important but there is a ton of space under the dinette. I do wish we could customize one but this was the closest I could find to what we would build.

15. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I ran into another problem later on with my tent trailer top will move a good 6-inches in and out when wind is blowing against it. I walked in one time and found my HDTV laying on the floor... Didn't do any damage but could have.... I can stand in my door way and reach up high and push back and forth and have alot of movement so I have to make sure anything I have sitting on the cabinet tops and/or shelving must be better secured to keep from blowing over... It was an easy fix but I could have broke up my HDTV pretty bad with it blowing into the floor area... Later on I did a more permanent fix by adding 1-inch eyelet hardware in all four corners of my trailer roof and now i can run 1/2-inch ratchet web straps down to earth augurs to really stabilize the roof movement. I use four of those 3-inch screw into the ground type earth anchors that leave no marks in the ground when removed...
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

My setup works real well for us watching TV as we can sit anywhere in our wrap around seats and get a good view or when we go to bed can rotate the TV around towards the bed and it works out great... Your wrap around seating in the slide doesn't give you much options here it appears...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]