New Somerset E3 Owner - Joining the group!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eric96-MI, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Eric96-MI

Eric96-MI New Member

Jun 10, 2018
    SW Michigan
    Just joined the world of popup owners. Momma wanted more room so I swapped my SoCal Teardrop and just brought home a new Somerset E3 Evolution.

I’ll be posting my thoughts shortly as there are already a few things I’ve noticed about it.

Look forward to talking through things with everyone!

Attached Files:

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    Welcome to the portal from SE Michigan! Looking forward to your thoughts.

3. Eric96-MI

Eric96-MI New Member

Jun 10, 2018
    SW Michigan
    Thanks! We’ve got some major rain coming so my initial thoughts will be postponed a bit.

I’ve got nothing but great things to say about the group at Prosser RV that I bought this from. Mike was great and gave me a smoking price. No frills just prompt responses and a willingness to work with me. In and out within an hour.

Now the fun starts, and I’ll do my best to document everything I’m planning to do. Stay tuned.

eoleson1 likes this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg from the Connecticut shoreline.

5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Welcome to the Show.

6. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Member

Jun 6, 2018
    WV
    What are you going to tote on the front deck?
    I looked at a model with a toy hauler deck on it, but it was too small for my big motorcycle so we passed it up.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the new PUP. It is a Nice looking unit.
    Wishing ya'll many great adventures in the future with the PUP.
    Good Luck and Happy Camping

8. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

9. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    Welcome from the UP! Will you be up to visit us this summer??

10. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Welcome from Northern Neck Virginia...

You gonna love your E3 Evolution trailer with the front deck. This is almost the same as my 2008 Starcarft R/T 14 Off-Road Popup... I looked at those back when I looking in 2008 and picked the Starcraft for its massive 6-inch frame...

We only use our front deck for supplies and things we want to bring along with us on our outings. We like to camp off grid most of the the time up behind Harrisonburg VA and Skyline Drive sites. We go up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway some... About the only so called trips we make is down to Myrtle Beach SC and then always like to come back to Virginia going through the Smoky Mtns at Gatlinburg... ALso like going to Cloudland Canyon site at the Trenton GA exit off of I59...

Between the 5X8 deck and my truck bed I can carry some serious camping supplies...

Momabear watches her HDTV and I like to work the Ham Radio bands. We carry our own WIFI to run our tablets and computer etc. Like to check in with the kids every evening and do some bills and surf the internet some. Don't have a big enough WIFI setup to do any large down-streaming of TV... Always able to find something to watch OTA using my portable setup BATWING antenna looking at a nearby town.

Will be watching to see what things you may be doing with your off-road machine...

I am working on a new BATTERY Bank using two parallel groups or two 6V GC2 batteries in series. This will bring up my older 255Ah banks to 430AHs... Got my GC2 6V batteries from local Battery Plus store just a month ago. Should be ready to go this camping season.

Never got the urge to do any long Distance RV Traveling. I guess my many years of Tent camping from the 60s and 70s makes me always want to go local camping...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

11. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Welcome from mid Michigan - Shiawassee County!

12. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!