New State Park in the Works

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by RollTide30, Feb 28, 2017.

1. RollTide30

RollTide30 Member

I noticed that Georgia is looking at adding a new state park in Columbus. Standing Boy Creek SP. The preliminary plan looks good IMO. I'm hopeful that it works out since it's not too far from the house.

Attached Files:

2. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

Oooh, that's an easy drive for us. Seems like a good area for a park. We'll certainly give it a try.

You know, as a kid in So GA & when in school at Auburn, we sometimes went to Columbus for shopping but I never really liked it. These days, the downtown & riverfront area are a great place to visit when in the area. We there for Bikefest weekend each year. It'd be fun to make it a long weekend & stay at a new state park.

3. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Rocky Fork SP is being developed near Erwin, TN. Supposedly, the campground will have no hookups. Which should leave it to tents and PUP's!

4. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

Crackerjack, that's good news about Rocky Fork. Will keep an eye on that as Tennessee develops this park. Hopefully someday soon there will be a campground & we can read reviews of it in PUP's TN campgrounds area.