New to me 2009 Aliner Classic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Outdoor Grandma, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Outdoor Grandma

Outdoor Grandma New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Hi, there! I am Outdoor Grandma. Been camping all my life. Many tents, a couple of popup campers, a couple of trailers (ok, I've been to the Dark Side a few times!) We were between campers for a while and using a tent again, but as you can see by my name, I'm not getting any younger! DH is not a big camper, but comes with me and always has a good time. He was not feeling up to towing a big camper anymore, so we found an Aliner. Easy to tow, comfy to use. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to put up. We are looking for a solution to make it easier. I am hearing about gas lifters for Aliners, so I am hoping to learn more. We just attended an Aliner rally in North Carolina. Cold, windy and rainy, but met new friends around a big fireplace, and finally had a warm day for hiking. Had a great time!

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl Panhandle. I do not own an Aliner but I am sure someone on here can assist you. Hoping Ya'll have many great adventures in the future with your Aliner. Remember when you get older you can make the same mistake you made when younger, just a lot slower... Good Luck and Happy Camping

3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Greetings from NEPA!

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Hi and welcome! You will find lots of general camping information and specific Aliner/A-Frame advice as well. I also recommend that you visit the Aliner Owners Club website. You may browse most of their site free.

Re your lift issue, visit the recent posting of a Gas Springs Roof Lift Assist design by Dave Michaels on the AOC site. Dave explains the system, provides a list of materials, sources, and installation instructions.
    It should be noted that Dave is not selling anything or promoting his design for financial gain. He is simply providing other Aliner/A-Frame Owners with an inexpensive design solution that works.
    Dave installed this system on his Aliner and shared it at last year’s Kingston 1000 Island AOC Rally. It really is amazing. I hope to install one on my Aliner this summer.
    https://alinerownersclub.org/diy/gas-springs/

Wishing you happy and safe travels!

5. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Welcome and greetings from Chapel Hill to the portal!

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg from southeast Connecticut.

7. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

8. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Canton, Georgia
    Hello and Welcome from North Georgia...

9. Lee's Alite

Lee's Alite New Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Ocala Fl.
    Hello from Ocala

10. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Georgia
    Welcome back. We were at that rally. There were a lot of new members there and it was unfortunate the weather did not allow us to have the usual tour of campers on Saturday. I'm glad we were able to circle our wagons around that shelter with the fireplace. At least you were able to stick around when the weather improved.

I'm also considering adding the lift assists and have printed Dave Michaels' DIY article from the AOC website. You are already a member, but the DIY section is accessible to all.

https://alinerownersclub.org/diy/gas-springs/