New to me...Fleetwood Evolution E3

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark Stratmann, May 20, 2019.

1. Mark Stratmann

Mark Stratmann New Member

Been wanting a camper for quite some time now, found this camper locally and bid too much on it but got it and am ready for some adventure! My family went camping for years growing up, and I've been wanting to get back into the campgrounds for years now...saw this 2007 Fleetwood E3 at an auction locally, and it looked like a decent condition 12 year old camper, and I loved the thought of having a storage area up front (I don't have any 'toys' to haul, but figure I'll fashion up a bike rack to haul our bikes up, a cooler, and want to use the roof rack tracks for the kayaks eventually). It seems heavy duty/overkill for me, but that's my style! I have thoughts of re working the inside, at minimum just freshening it up and giving it a newer look...eventually!

Now to go through it this weekend in our first outing to see what works and what doesn't!

60449931_10155937296175213_119453060660461568_o.jpg

1380ken likes this.
  2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

3. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

Mark Stratmann likes this.
  4. LDMcDon214

LDMcDon214 New Member

Greetings from Delaware [DE]

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome from N/W Fl panhandle. Congrats on the NTU PUP. Good Luck and happy camping

6. Mark Stratmann

Mark Stratmann New Member

Guess I didn't mention I'm in NW Ohio and will likely camp mostly in Michigan/Ohio/Indiana but the wife really wants to go to the smokey mountains someday soon!

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.53.58 AM.png

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Welcome from northern Virginia. I visited Hawking Hills state Park and Lake Alma state park in Ohio about 5 years ago. Beautiful parks, and great hiking and nicer locals.

9. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Oklahoma.

10. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Welcome from gateway to Northern neck VIRGINIA...

We looked at the 2008 Fleetwood E3 when we was shopping for a OFF-ROAD POPUP camper. Really nice unit. I like that the slide or fold out I guess it is... Of course we was only looking at the trailers that had the front deck... I was sold right away on this model.

Then wife got to looking at it and the d├ęcor was office gray and pretty plain inside... Said it reminded her of her office at Quantico Base haha... So we went looking again at more RV Dealers...

When we saw the 2008 STARCRAFT 14 R/T off road camper and she fell in love haha... I liked it all around more as well. It really has beefed up frame (2x6-inches) under it... Looked to be a every strong trailer... Lots of room on the trailer tongue for additional batteries... Inside curtains and valance around the whole ceiling etc... l started right away thinking on installing all my mods I had in mind haha...

I still turn my head however everytime when I see E3 go rolling by haha...

I'm sure you will enjoy your trailer...

We never got the urge to do the RV traveling all over everywhere... Mostly camp here in Virginia back behind Harrisonburg along the Virginia-West Virginia wooded state line. Near a spot called FLAGPOLE RIDGE inside the Natl Forest. Will make a couple of long trips a year going down to Myrtle Beach for family visit and return back going through Gatlinburg TN... All roads go through Gatlinburg haha... We stay at ELKMONT Camp inside the Smoky Natl Park... Our style of off-road POPUPS are right at home setting back in the heavy covered tree areas at ELKMONT and love the creek that goes through the camp.... When we stay at ELKMONT we always go to the TOWNSEND side of the Park for groceries and supplies... Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are full of people wandering around all hours of the day and night haha... We definitely are in this area in the SEP-OCT time period...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

12. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Greetings! Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA.

13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Welcome to PopUpPortal.

Nice find, enjoy!