Nickname just the beginning :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CanadianGal, Mar 19, 2017.

1. CanadianGal

CanadianGal New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    My name is Bonnie, and I am from Vancouver Island, BC Canada. We bought a '79 Lionel Pop-up last year and after years of slogging it on leaky air mattresses we are looking forward to "glamping" in our popup. She's an older gal but needs some work (don't we all). Anywho... I've got three girls and a dh and we sure enjoy camping around BC. I've got big plans to restore the old gal, number one is replacing the canvas. The previous owner staple gunned some tarps to her to keep out the wet coast environment, but we have the original canvas, tears rips and all so I'm going to sew a new one, piece by piece. Some fun, huh? Nice to meet you all and if anyone has the pattern for the canvas, give me a nudge :)

2. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Welcome to the portal, Bonnie! Good luck with the sewing project. You'll find a lot of other good modifications (mods) here on the portal. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

3. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Florida
    Welcome from the Florida panhandle!

4. Heather Cook

Heather Cook New Member

May 16, 2018
    I have the same plan. How it your canvas redo work out?

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg

6. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    Welcome aboard Bonnie....From a fellow Canuk!

7. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Canton, Georgia
    Hello and Welcome from North Georgia....

8. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU PUP. You have a lot of places to "make memories with the Lionel PUP " in your area. When making mods or re-modeling take you time and draw diagrams and if possible take pictures too, make it easier to get everything back just right. you might want to check out www.popupprincess.com for some ideas. Good Luck with the project and I hope you are taking the PUP and having great adventures soon. Good Luck and Happy Camping