no 9" vent with fan's already?

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by kcormier19, Apr 29, 2018.

1. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

i have a 9" vent that i need to replace but didn't want to cut a larger hole in the roof. The current vet doe not have a fan but as much as I have searched, i cannot find a powered 12v vent with a fan that will fit 9" square cutout.
    I was thinking about installing a 12v computer fan or buying a 12v motor kit for a roof vent but does anyone know if there is a 9" roof vent with a fan built in?

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Never seen an off the shelf 9 inch vent with a fan.. A large 8 inch computer fan would work ..

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We had a hard enough time finding a 9" vent when we did the renovation on our Palomino in 2010. The one we found was labeled as an RV kitchen or bath vent. It would seem logical that one for those uses might be available with a fan, but I don't remember seeing any, (we didn't want a fan, since we had no battery or 12v system to run it.)

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

5. garbagge59

garbagge59 New Member

I'm in the same situation. Did you ever find one? I'm thinking of cutting the larger hole, but I'd really like to find a how-to before I tackle it.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

If you follow the link to the eBay search, in the post just above yours, you'll see postings for the 9" vent. One of the brand names is "Hengs", IIRC that was the brand we ended up with for our first pup. You might try a web search for that.

7. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

i jut replaced the old one with a new 9" vent with no fan but now that I did that, i wish i had cut the hole bigger and put in a 14" fan. the new vent was about 1/2" bigger than the old one so i had to cut the hole bigger anyway.