Nudist camping????????

Discussion in 'Private Campgrounds' started by jash1178, May 26, 2011.

1. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    SW Montana
    I solo camp from time to time. On more than one occasion, I've lowered the curtains and stayed inside the Pup sans clothing. Without AC, the summer temps can be pretty brutal in Montana and Idaho. I tend to sleep better nude, as well. I can't stand the feeling of socks and PJs when its warm out. Some nights don't get below 90, even at 6-8000ft.

Alan likes this.
  2. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Jan 13, 2008
    If I could have, I would have.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    So, if going solo is so frowned upon, I take it single folks are just not welcome?? Do they have bachelor nudist resorts or something? That doesn't sound fun to me lol....

4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
    Going solo is frowned upon because it would end up with ten guys for every girl. I am sure that they have no problem with women going solo.

5. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Jan 13, 2008
    ^^ What Ken said. I can understand women feeling outnumbered. The only "guys only" retreat I've heard of caters to men who prefer the company of men. Even though I don't have that preference, I've considered inquiring about rates etc anyway. From what I've read, they do accept singles.

6. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Well, I have no plans on getting hitched, so I guess it's clothed camping for me... better that way, trust me [LOL]
    ...especially since it's 48 degrees this morning!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Alan likes this.
  7. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is an old thread revived. My wife and I plan to go to a resort next summer. We were planning a trip this summer but the baby put it on hold. Next year when we can get away with a babysitter for a few days we plan to get away. We tried to get into a spring when we were in Japan after hearing about them but found it difficult on how to even find one on our first visit but the conversation went to going to a nude resort close to us being fun. After that trip we've decided to get out of our comfort zone and try new things. It has nothing to do with seeing other people but us doing an adventure along with the hippie thoughts of bringing you closer to nature for lack of a better way to express it in few words.

Big_kid and neighbormike like this.
  8. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    [​IMG]

Ever hear about the guy who kept tying his shoes at the nudist colony? Na, not here....!!!!!!!

neighbormike likes this.
  9. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
    I wouldn't even consider a nude anything unless I was in my twenties and so was every one else. I don't want to see people naked unless they are in really good shape. It is bad enough having to look at rolls of fat coming out of people bathing suites.

JPBar likes this.
  10. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think the hangup is this isn't about looking or being seen. It's about time to be free and removing the constraints of societal normal. People watching at the mall is fun. It's not at a nudist camp.

Big_kid likes this.
  11. Thox Spuddy

Thox Spuddy Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Imagine a Walmart..... never mind.

12. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    I'm with you on the sleeping without clothes bit!

13. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    You don't need to cover up with the sock if you're wearing PJs...

14. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    There both alive now. God help us all.......

neighbormike and eoleson1 like this.
  15. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    [LOL][LOL][LOL]

16. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    I felt it very necessary...

17. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    PJ's = Death Sentence! LOL! I hate that twisted up, tied up, restrained feeling! The boys like to roam about unrestricted.

18. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    how can you tell who has been to the nudist camp before..... It's not hard. Been to a few clothing optional beaches when I was in the Navy in different parts of the world. Seems different countries have different ideas about nudity. There was a nudist resort not far from where I live but never been there. I live on five acres out in the country so I've been known to be nude in my backyard on occasion.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Alan and neighbormike like this.
  19. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    It has been said if the world were a logical place men would ride side saddle. I think that can be extended to: if the world were a logical place men would wear skirts and dresses...

kcsa75 likes this.