NY State Park CG Pictures??

Discussion in 'New York' started by Snow, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of campsites at the following NY State Parks, Planning a mid summer trip but would love to see what some of the sites look like.

Latchworth SP
    Darien Lake SP
    Gilbert Lake SP
    Cumberland Bay SP
    Sampson SP
    Watkins Glen SP

2. wardog

wardog Member

Sorry I can't help you but I was looking for pics of a campground too. I went to webshots and did a search of the name and found pics from peoples vacations they had posted. It worked out great. I could see a lot pics of the campground we were going to. Try that.

3. dgarbers

dgarbers New Member

My brother has been to Watkins Glen many times - I'll check with him to see if he can send me pictures. That's one of his favorite parks, I think.

He doesn't get up there too often, as we are in GA.

4. campingtwins

campingtwins Upstate NY

Hello... I can tell you all about Gilbert Lake State Park!! Great place I live 8 miles from there and camp there 6 times at least during the summer.. My father inlaw was the the Park manager for many years there and my husband lived right at the park in the stone house!! for 18 years! :)

nice park.. great fishing... some really great sites... I dont have any pics right now that I could post.. but we just went there on Monday and picked out some sites.. we always tent camped but now we have a pop up so its a different story when finding a site.. I write down about 30 sites that are good so we can pick one when we do walk ins.
    If I get time this week I will go and take some pictures for you.. what size camper do you have?

Kim

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/19/details.aspx

5. ADK Explorer

ADK Explorer Member

Yes I realize I'm turning this thread into Lazarus, but better late than never I suppose. This site has all the pictures of all the sites at campgrounds in ny.
    http://www.campadk.com/campsitephotos.php

6. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

No pics as such but some info on Sampson ans Watkins Glen.
    Sampson camp sites on the outside of the loops are big. Nice and roomy but the electrical boxes can and often are quite a bit from the camper parking spot. I've had to use my 30 amp extension cord when ever I had gotten an outside site. The inner sites are smaller with the electrical boxes much closer. None of the sites have any type of barrier, natural or other wise between the sites. some of the sites have trees for shade. The sites at the back of the loops are real small and back up to a ravine. This goes for the sites on both the north and south end of the campgrounds.
    Watkins Glen sites are a bit primitive. Most do have natural barriers between the sites and trees for shade. While they have some electric sites, they are not big at all. A PUP will fit in real good though. I have a x23b and that will only fit in to a few sites without having to squeeze it in. The road leading up to the park is a killer. Very steep. The park is beautiful though. Big swimming pool area and actual park and of course, the Gorge. I hope this gave you some insight on the parks. Welcome back to NYS!

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recent replies... We did end up doing Letchworth for that trip back in 2010.. and since then have been back to Letchworth at least once with the TT and we did do Watkins Glen a couple years later with the TT and managed to snag one of the electrical sites there And yes the roads into Watkins are really bad for any trailer...