Opened pup after 3 1/2 years

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by ljv51, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Wayne In Florida

Wayne In Florida Member

If I were in the area I would come and set you up come back and pack you up sir. Sit and enjoy a nice camp fire and plan the next Camp. Don’t hold back……roost a few marshmallows for old times’ sake. I’m sure Miss Cheryl is in need of this time also…..

2. candleems

candleems Member

Congratulations! Enjoy your time with your family.

3. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

So happy for your. DH & I didn't camp (or vacation) for about 3 yrs after he had open heart surgery which developed into lots of complications & a long rehab. When he was finally ready to go camping, we tent camped once, then bought the PUP. We've had 2 awesome summers of camping since. Hope you do too.

4. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Congrats Lynn!! Love the good endings! [A]

Happy camping!!

[:D]

5. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Awesome!!

What part of CA are you in?

6. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Enjoy your camper, and camping! [:D]

7. Pops64

Pops64 Member

Thanks for sharing your story Lynn. I'm going to stop complaining now.

Get out there and have fun. You earned it.

8. jtkirk

jtkirk New Member

[:D] make sure you tell us about it! [;)]

9. Popup Paul

Popup Paul Member

Awesome news!!!! Enjoy God`s country.

10. ljv51

ljv51 New Member

Thank you all very much for your encouraging words. We hope to take a lot of pictures and as soon as I can figure out how to post them I will. Haybale, we live in Brea, its near Fullerton / Anaheim area. Cancer is nasty business, here's something you may not know, I smoked for most of my life and had my lungs checked twice a year as a precautionary measure. I had bladder cancer, the number one reason for bladder cancer is smoking...never saw that comming. Just though I would pass that along for whatever it's worth.

18 more days and were on the road.

Lynn

11. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Bladder cancer from smoking is new to me.

I bought my pup in Anaheim a few weeks ago.

Glad that you shared your story with us!

12. GreyMan

GreyMan New Member

Congrats on both accounts!

God Bless!

Welcome back to Pup Camping! [CP]

13. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

You take the pics and will help you put em up on the sight. you need to use photobucket or something to download from. Its easy but WE NEED PICS!!!! [8D] [:D]

14. CharlieTN

CharlieTN New Member

Congratulations.

15. FrednTN

FrednTN Speed is fine, but accuracy is final.

Inspiring news! Congratulations on winning that fight. I'm sure life is all the sweeter now, go with God and enjoy!

16. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Awesome [8D]

17. funmom21

funmom21 I am a DW with a wonderful DH and 2 DD teenagers

I live in Palm Springs area... where are you taking your trip if you do not mind my asking? Our family are in the need of some joy and comfort. I am only 43 and staring down the leukemia barrel of a gun. Having lots and lots of tests and trying hard to stay in the positive. I am not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" and apologize if I am.

I am so happy that you have beat the mean game of cancer.

God Bless you and your continued health.

Seriously ifIf you need help setting and tearing down me and our 2 DD's who seems to know more than I do about our NTU PU and have more energy than anyone I know we would be more than willing to help you. Again, my prayers are with you and your wife for your continued GOOD HEALTH [;)] [HYC]

18. ljv51

ljv51 New Member

Funmon21, we're headed up to the Santa Barbara area to Cachuma Lake. My DW and I met there and both of us have been camping at Cachuma since we were 8 years old. We have talked about camping in the Big Bear area but never got up that way. Very sorry to hear about all the testing your going through. It can get crazy. I think, for me, it was the not knowing what I was dealing with that was the tough part. Once I knew, I could get busy dealing with it. I can't stress this enough, staying positive, happy ... laughing is very important for you and those around you. I also believe that your mind can play a big part in the healing process. Each day, I just focused on one thing that was better about myself no matter how small it was. It was like a little victory for myself. I would do that each day and it helped me stay positive. Hang in there. We wish you and your family the very best. Please feel free to PM if you need someone to talk to.

Lynn & Cheryl

19. funmom21

funmom21 I am a DW with a wonderful DH and 2 DD teenagers

Lynn and Cheryl,
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am trying to get lots of camping with the family to keep my mind off of life. I would have a bad day camping (if that is possible) any day compared to the waiting game that you were talking about. My DH and I had our 1st weekend together when we met 20 years ago and have been back about 4 times since. Kids seem to slow down the getting out of town by ourselves for our anniversary. This January will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary and it is nice to know that there is a great camping spot. We love the pier and have had many bottles of wine... is the camping close to an vineyards that you know of? I hope that you have a wonderful time and enjoy beautiful Santa Barbara, I am green with envy right now [;)]

20. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

Take 1 day at a time and Carpe Deim! Wake up praying and go to bed praying. Thats how I keep my sanity. I know 4 people right now, 3 of which have been told a month or less.Enjoy every minute of life and dont take it for ganted! My hardest thing to overcome right now is patience. I cant wait till you go and report back! I know you will have a great time and who knows, you might meet someone on the forum [:D]