Our National Police Force lost a member yeaterday

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by West Coast Canuck, Apr 7, 2016.

1. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    The RCMP lost a member due to a tragic car accident in Langford BC yesterday morning. She was only 32 yrs old and is survived by her husband a 2 small children. A man driving a large pick up truck broadsided her police cruiser on the driver's side at high speed. It was a senseless loss for her family, friends and the RCMP. Although we did not know her, we are very much a part of the RCMP family because our youngest daughter is a member. The officer's name is Cst Sarah Beckett, a 11 yr veteran. She dedicated her life to protect those she did not know and had just came back from maternity leave. She was well loved and had very many friends and especially a hero. Her end of watch came April 5,2016 My sincere condolences and prayers to all her family and friends.

2. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    My heart and thoughts go out to her family, what a tragic loss.

3. AZ Adventure

AZ Adventure It's a beautiful day for camping

Apr 3, 2016
    Praying for comfort for her husband and children.

4. West Coast Canuck

Mar 3, 2005
    Update, driver was arrested, kept overnight and released from police custody yesterday without charges...on going police investigation.

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Police, Emergency Responders and the Military are all those professions that only a select number of people decide to pursue as a career and a something that the rest of us tend to forget (not on purpose) until we need them or something like this happens..

WCC, next time you see your DD say thanks to her..

6. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

Aug 26, 2014
    Northeast Illinois
    So sorry to hear this news. My prayers to her family, I am sure she will be missed by many. Also say 'thanks' to all members of law enforcement, they are the best.

7. West Coast Canuck

Mar 3, 2005
    Thanks, I will

8. West Coast Canuck

Mar 3, 2005
    Thank, I will let her know.

9. SqueaknMCrack

SqueaknMCrack Air Force Brat. Army Mom

Feb 23, 2012
    This is so sad to hear. Thoughts are with her family. [:(] [:(]

10. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    That's a tragedy. Somehow coming off maternity leave with a new born multiplies the sorrows. Sorry for your loss. The peacemakers shall inherit the earth....

11. hrhchuck235

hrhchuck235 Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Heartbreaking news.

We grew up just across the border in NYS and consider ourselves Canadian-wannabes. Honeymooned there 45 years ago, spent many vacations up north, season tickets to the Shaw Festival, kayaking on the Grand, hockey games, the Canadian Open Tennis in Montreal, everything we ever did that was great was in Canada. Many times attended the big winter fair in Toronto with the RCMP putting on an equestrian display that was beyond fantastic. Always, we felt secure under the protection of the RCMP and the other law enforcement agencies in Canada.

And so, your loss is our loss.