Our new Pop Up! '95 Coleman Stony Creek

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by ksawin127, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ksawin127

ksawin127 New Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Midland, MI
    After missing out on 3 nice PUPs locally, we finally found "the one!" It's a '95 Coleman Stony Creek. We took a 2 hr trip up north yesterday and brought her home :) It needs a good cleaning, but looks to be in really good shape for it's age. And our kids already love it! I cannot wait to start cleaning, painting, and reupholstering all those cushions!
    [​IMG]
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/153122196@N07/shares/m9544g
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/153122196@N07/shares/0GwK8H
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/153122196@N07/shares/JM24k3

jerbear, Coastie305 and Alan like this.
  2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Welcome to the forum from IL! Wow, your pics make it look about 16 feet long! Should be plenty of room for the family.

Alan likes this.
  3. ksawin127

ksawin127 New Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Midland, MI
    It started raining shortly after we got home, so I wasn't able to take pics myself, these were taken by the seller who I'm sure used some sort of lens to make it look really long. It's a 12ft box to give you an idea. It also has a screen room, so we shouldn't be outgrowing it anytime soon!

4. cyclop5

cyclop5 Member

Jun 18, 2015
    congrats! sounds like the wait was worth it...

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Looks fantastic! I would love, love, love to have that much seating!

Well worth the drive. So happy for you finding the perfect camper. Having spent from October to this month, shopping for the perfect camper for my daughter, I know how hard it can be. She works full time and would miss out on everything.

The good stuff would sell in a matter of hours, not sure how these people don't have jobs that they are available all hours of the day and night to go buy these campers. [:O] I fully understand the struggle!

Yours looks to be in wonderful shape and a sweet layout. Well worth the drive to go get it! My daughter had to drive 3 hours one-way. Hers was posted at 3:00 am, and she just happened to be awake. Called them and was there by 6:30 am and already four other people on the way!!!

It's a seller's market out there, for sure. Everyone wants a camper and most people are willing to pay over NADA value for them.

I love your layout so much that I may copy a bit of it in mod this summer, when it's too hot to camp.

6. ksawin127

ksawin127 New Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Midland, MI
    Yes! It's crazy! I'm a (fairly busy) SAHM and felt like I was going crazy constantly checking Craigslist and facebook sale groups for a pop up. The last one I missed out on, was posted less than an hour before I inquired, and it was already pending. I was so bummed because it had the large dinette that I loved. I thought I'd never find one like that again... so glad I held out, because I like this one even better! I think PUPs are becoming more and more popular, they're light and can be pulled by a van or suv. And they're so customizable!
    I'm so glad your daughter found one! I just love seeing pics and reading people's posts on how they really made them their own :)

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I agree, I think PUPs are getting more and more popular, and much harder to come by. They had ONE used one at our local RV dealer for less than a day.

Travel trailers are fairly abundant, and don't sell as quickly. I'm not sure what is going on or what factors are playing into it. With the popularity of tiny homes, smaller cars, and minimalism in general, they are definitely seeing a boost in popularity.

The way your dinette is laid it is what I am thinking about copying. Right now we have an empty space, then a fairly useless little corner cabinet there. I've though about continuing the dinette out to the wall, but first time I've seen one come out and around. We have the space to do that and won't lose the cabinet space, as it will just be under the bench instead.

8. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    I expereienced the same issue when looking for a pop-up! They would "pop-up" on Craig's List and be sold before I could even respond. One day I found an add that was just created and called right away. I drove 70 miles to go look at it and there were two other guys there waiting; since I called first the owner gave me first shot at it. I looked at it and told him I'd pay what he was asking. He asked me if I had cash and I siad no, I could give him a check or run into the town nearby and go to the ATM. Then a guy drives up, his whole family jumps out and he says he has cash. He paid the guy $5,300 for the camper and a watercraft that has also had a listing for. Back home I went...after that one I was looking for pop-ups over 500 miles away.

9. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I was looking at a Jayco with the u-dinette, but also saw this same camper. I've been trying to find some info on it and somewhere I thought I saw it was 14ft. Either way, it's got plenty of room. What are some of the things you like and dislike? With it being this old, do they have a power lift? The one I was looking at is $1400. If it's in good condition, that leaves a lot of money for doing extra stuff.

10. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    That one sold, so I'll have to keep looking.

11. jerbear

jerbear Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Indiana
    Looks like new congrats .Hope you get good service from it .

12. dbhost

dbhost Member

Sep 19, 2018
    That looks brand spanking new. Nice score!